Arri SR

Chad Stockfleth

• Premium Member

I apologize for not knowing the name, but we have an Arri SR that is missing the piece that plugs the batteries into the body. Could anybody tell me what its called (so I can quit sounding like an idiot) and also where to find a replacement part?

Thanks,

Chad

This might help if you can't find the adapter:

http://www.longvalleyequip.com/adapter.php

Mike Welle

I apologize for not knowing the name, but we have an Arri SR that is missing the piece that plugs the batteries into the body. Could anybody tell me what its called (so I can quit sounding like an idiot) and also where to find a replacement part?

Thanks,

Chad

• Premium Member

Thanks,

Chad

Nathan is right, and they are also usually obscenely expensive. They turn up on eBay from time to time, and I do believe you can still buy one from ARRI, just be prepared to pay through the nose.

You can use a Bescor 12 volt battery belt that has the 4 prong XLR (Clive Tobin used to sell them) and that plugs right into the back of the camera, no adapter needed. And that whole battery, brand new, is going to cost you less than that little adapter, and that battery belt will let you shoot many more mags than the ARRI on-board batteries.

-Tim

• Premium Member

Cool, that helps. I've made a few calls and yes, they are obscenely expensive. We have a plate that will work with anton bauer batteries, but it's kind of cumbersome. I'll look into the belt. Thanks!

if you want to use the original batteries you could build an adapter by yourself...

camera input is 4pin XLR,

Battery output is the same like the plugs you have on AC to DC adapters , just embeded in that square hole...

get a 4pin XLR female to plug to the camera

to plug on the battery something like this or this

i can't remember the diameter, just go to your local electronic parts store and test what fits...

---check polarity before running your camera---

if you take two 7.2 LiIons in serial (from a DVcamcorder for ex.) you'll get 14.4V, it's very lightweight and you don't have all the disadvantages of NiCads

cheers, Bernhard