regarding the 10-bit transfer to Lecia..

Chris Graham

or whichever brand of Hard Drives, has anybody rented out w/ good results? I have about 8 rolls that I'd like to test using the '10-bit uncompressed' method direct to hard drive. I've been trying to find a thread a while back where someone mentioned a Shadow S8 HD gate transfer, but I can't find the link, and I believe that house transferred to 10-bit as well. Thing is I don't have a BetaCam deck or any deck of some sort, so it's to my convenience to try out the hard drive method.

Edited by ShootStr8

or whichever brand of Hard Drives, has anybody rented out w/ good results? I have about 8 rolls that I'd like to test using the '10-bit uncompressed' method direct to hard drive. I've been trying to find a thread a while back where someone mentioned a Shadow S8 HD gate transfer, but I can't find the link, and I believe that house transferred to 10-bit as well. Thing is I don't have a BetaCam deck or any deck of some sort, so it's to my convenience to try out the hard drive method.

I use cinelab and have had great results. Flyingspot has a Shadow with an 8mm gate, they also will do tk to hard drive. I hear great things about them as well. By the way, do you mean LaCie and not Lecia? Never heard of the latter.

chris

http://www.bonolabs.com

This place requires a deposit for the hard drive. But they do offer uncompressed HD Transfers direct to hard drive.

- Chris Gravat