attaching mirror on c stand

igus mikler

• Premium Member

Make sure you choose wide cribbing so it "sandwiches" the mirror (as shown) and doesn't "pinch," if that makes any sense. Glass does strange things when you try and clamp it sometimes.

Edited by Christopher D. Keth

There are several ways to do this. The cheapest is to spray 77 a 24? x 24? foam core to the mirror and then tape a baby plate to the back. I finally bought an articulated mirror holder from Modern Studio Equipment.

• Premium Member

Good question, I think it was an old phone someone found in the location we were shooting in. We were shooting in this old, closed down teen mental institution. Someone probably kept that thing.

Guest rajavel

hey just put the mirror onto a frame...metal or wooden frame....like those of the photoframes...

and then it becomes easy to clamp to c-stand....u might need couple of stands ....in ext set up...because with that kind of weight on stand ...it s gonna be swaying mildly....just arrest it with another stand.....

we have used mirrors to the size of 4*4 feet...like this...

cheers!

rajavel

Hey!

have a question with what grip equipment i would best and safest attach a 24x24 inch mirror onto a c stand?

thanks.

What kind of mirror and for what purpose?

A common lighting tool is a 12"X12" Mirror Tile used to reflect light as an additional off screen light source.

Do you plan to do something similar with the 24"X24" Mirror?

Tshaka