Where to get film

gimmikthekid

Hi there everyone i'm a young aspiring filmmaker and i just recent purchased a vintage super 8 camera for my next project. I was just wondering if anyone could please tell me where i can get ahold of some film cartridges (peferibly black and white) besides on the net. thank you for your time and your help would be greatly appreciated.

• Premium Member
Hi there everyone i'm a young aspiring filmmaker and i just recent purchased a vintage super 8 camera for my next project. I was just wondering if anyone could please tell me where i can get ahold of some film cartridges (peferibly black and white) besides on the net. thank you for your time and your help would be greatly appreciated.

You can order directly from Kodak:

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/s8mm/pro....14.4&lc=en

No matter what your film needs are Kodak has a Super 8 mm option for you. New KODAK EKTACHROME 64T film expands the current Super 8 mm portfolio that includes two black and white reversal films and two KODAK VISION2 motion picture films

For easy ordering of Super 8 mm products worldwide contact your Kodak Representative. In the U. S. & Canada call 1-800-621-FILM(3456)

Or find a dealer or lab that carries Kodak Super-8 film, for example:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller...p;Q=&ci=341

If you want to get the best stocks you are going to have to order from pro 8mm. They take 35mm stocks and cut them down for super 8. They have everything you can imagine, but unless you are willing to drive to LA you will have to trust them to ship you the film. Its 30 bucks per cartridge and that includes processing, after that all you gotta worry about is the transfer. Oh btw they do that aswell. www.pro8mm.com

- Chris Gravat

Orlando, FL

I strongly advise you NOT use Pro8mm. They use low-end recan/short-end film to convert to their line of super 8. Not known for very good customer service either.

As the others suggest, Kodak film product is the best source for consistent quality results. You can buy film from them direct. 800-621-3456

Knowledgeable dealers for film, processing and telecine are also a good source to consider. They can offer help in choosing film, cameras, etc:

Spectra

Yale

Good luck!

Edited by Mike Crane