My first HVX music video!

Jeff Ray

Hey guys,

This is the first music video I've done with the HVX and I have to say it was a pleasant experience. I had never touched the camera until the day before the shoot, so I'm still learning how to control the beast of a machine, but all in all I think the video turned out pretty good.

Shot over the course of two (very long) days. We used a total of 24 actors (some of which didn't make the final cut due to time restrictions in the song) and the crew consisted of myself and my brother (who is also my producer).

I'm also still learning how to export HD footage to the net and retain it's quality, so right now the link to the video is a hefty download (110mb), so proceed with caution!

The link: Truth for Leo - Way Back Down

Any feedback would be great!

Thanks again.

Jeff

I enjoyed the video, it looked great - how did you get those great colours, Ive been using my HVX for DV shooting and dont get anything like it. could you give some clues about how you achieved the filmy look of it for when I advance to HD.

cheers

• Premium Member

I think the shots look good. You used slo-motion a lot for the band's performance outside, and while it works at times, for things like when the drummer is smashing a symbol on the beat it doesn't quite synch up and kind of detracts from overall rhythm.

The scenarios I thought were a little obvious with things like the "work sucks" sign and the "dog missing" sign but overall I think it LOOKED good.

Cheers!