"Aqua Ad Lavandum" - D20-Production with heaps of CGI

Olaf Aue

We recently finished the film "Aqua ad lavandum" and due to it's specific technical background we would like to share it with our colleagues.

We filmed on Arriflex D-20 HD-cinestyle camera uncompressed 4:4:4 into a Clipster-system and used no tape whatsoever throughout the production. This Short-film (approximately 26 min.) is very CGI heavy because of its virtual character. We now finally got our 35mm-print.

For more information on our film (language is English), please refer to www.aquaadlavandum.com. I worked as camera-operator on "Aqua ad lavandum". If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

post-12185-1156105984.jpg

very nice! It seemed like it would be a cinematographer's purist production in that since the whole trailer was in black area - the lighting and actors truely create the visual world without aid from anything else.

The ARRI D-20 - i've been waiting to see footage from this camera. I almost shat my pants when i was it displayed at Sundance. It's hard to see how it compares to the other cine HD's but I trust in the German's skill - they make the most extreme things. My question is - what kind of lenses did you use? Arri's? I'm supposing you could put any 35mm cine lens on the camera.