UFO caught on tape! Other Supernatural

Jack Linder

http://www.realufos.com/wtc.shtml

Well, lets see here. My name is Jack Linder and I am photographer, small time nothing too big but I get by. I have, or should I say, this website has video of The World Trade Center in July of 2000. The video takes place in a helicopter that is in midair. In the helicopter this woman tourist is taking pictures of the city from midair (the towers are in the background). Anyway she sees a strange object right on the side of tower one (almost touching the tower), the object zooms at an incredible speed into the distance, comes back and BUMPS THE HELICOPTER IN MIDAIR. It's INCREDIBLE. This video will make you believe. This video was on Fox news. Even anchor Sheppard Smith marvaled at this video. It has not been proven wrong.

Download the video on the website above. Its only a couple of minutes but I assure you, you will be astonished! Scroll down the website for an analysis on its authenticy. They bring up alot of cinematography concepts to support their claim.

What does this have to do with cinematography?

Alot. It has alot to do with special effects. I want you guys to tell me if this is a hoax. They have done tests and they cant prove it being a hoax.

PS- Im sorry for my heading I thought I could edit that but I cant. :angry:

dear_god_stop.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having examined many UFO reports and files in Canada, I would say that the subject is much neglected, and a few reports suggest something far beyond our knowledge. I prefer to give credence to professional observers, (pilots, military personnel, police, etc.), and to reports involving more than eye-witness testimony, (photographs, radar detection, ground markings, etc.). If the UFO sighting is not reported to the military or RCMP, and especially if witnesses wish to remain anonymous, I have very strong suspicions about the veracity of these sightings and the people who make them.

Thus, when this report fails to identify the people involved and involves an aircraft, (which did not make a CIRVIS report), I strongly suspect a hoax. When the Sci Fi channel gets involved, the report stinks of hoax. And, who is doing the rigourous analysis of this video, and someone brings in a psychic to help analyze it? It is a hoax!

If you do come across a photograph, film footage, or video of UFOs, I'd recommend checking out its source, check out if it was reported to military or police authorities, and send it to real experts for analysis, (for example, Bruce Maccabee, who did an analysis of Childerhose's UFO photographed in 1956).

I don't want to have any strong opinions on these things because

we all don't have enought information about UFO's

But if they really are alien spaceships, I don't find that suprizing.

I don't know any reason why there wouldn't be other civilisations in

space and why they wouldn't come and see us (without wanting to disturb us)

But I am very sceptical about this video. It is very hollywoodish.

I don't buy it.

I find it interesting that in the articles Mr. Pytlak posted, there are supposedly people in radiation coats, indicating that there is some radiation coming from the being, yet the film is still partially underexposed. Is the amount of radiation that is required to harm a human strong enough to fog film through the lens? I think that would be an interesting thing to consider. Also, I'm a skeptic. I didn't see the video, but I think that the people would have said something and made it in the news.

The purpose of this topic is not to debate the existence of such phenonem but rather the validity of the tape by way of cinematography special effects techniques. It was on the news, it was on FOX news with Sheppard Smith and Bill O'Reily. You guys really need to watch the video or at least go on the website and look at the pictures.

John_P_Pytlak- I agree.

Fortean please examine the video.

I'd love to see the full resolution no/low compress version, but for now...

Notice the large size of the UFO as it hovers between the towers:

01.jpg

The camera zooms in a bit, the UFO's size, to me, seems to shrink, but this is debatable as the video quality is below-par:

02.jpg

As one can see from the above pictures, the UFO's relative size is several dozen windows-worth large (size comparison based on size of windows on WTC towers).

Now, the helicopter that these people are staying in cannot be larger than a few of the windows on the WTC. The story goes that the UFO hits the helicopter before flying away. As one can easily see in this frame, taken during the point of impact, the UFO is not larger than the helicopter, that it is maybe half or 2/3 of the copter's size:

03.jpg

At 24 and some odd seconds, there are two frames that are just plain incorrect, and this can be blamed on CG artist or compositor. The two frames are blended using red/blue differencing. As one can see, the real-world objects (the frame of the helicopter (upper right), the cloud (upper left), the white object on land (lower right)) have similar R/B differences because the camera was panning in this scene. However, the smoke trail left behind by the UFO barely moves as it should, leaving very little differences in terms of smoke position between the frames, and therefore very little R/B difference:

04.jpg

Ugh. <_<

• Premium Member

Hi,

It's not a bad mockup, but it's a mockup. The amount of motion blur visible on the earlier fast movement is not consistent with the amount as it passes the helicopter; the shine on the UFO as it approaches the helicopter shrieks "Blinn" to me. What's more, the UFO would have collided with the helicopter's blades, and the rotor wash from the helicopter would have disturbed the vapour trail. Repetitive soft-particle artifacts are visible in the trail, as well.

Also, why the hell would you wait until you were that close to the towers before pointing and going "Look, world trade centre?"

Good hoax, though - better than some mocked-up hoaxes (mocked up mockups?) produced for series like "The X Files."

Phil

• Premium Member

Sorry if this posts twice but my first post 'mysteriously" disappeared.

My comment was that growing up on Long Island, NY- home of Grummand, manufacturer of the Navy's F-14 Tomcat, a lot of us have seen many a strange phenomena in the skies throughout the years.

>>the rotor wash from the helicopter would have disturbed the vapour trail.

Good find! ^_^ I didn't even consider that.

>>Repetitive soft-particle artifacts are visible in the trail, as well.

Yes, as anyone who has spent a little time working with CG will recognize that smoke/hypervoxel/particle emitter combo; it hardly looks natural.

Honestly, what difference does it make? It is a UFO, it isn't a UFO. Let's pretend that it is a genuine UFO and it cannot be debunked. Now what? With the kind of visual effects that are available to any computer nerd, it will always be suspect. I've been watching these "actual videos" for close to 35 years. None of them held up under scrutiny. Even the infamous "Big Foot" footage has been debunked. Maybe UFO's do exist. Funny thing is, the extraterrestrials don't want to have anything to do with us. I wonder why?

Okay, I've watched the video....

Yipes! A flying saucer sneaks around the WTC, zips away, then plays chicken with a helicopter, before going into orbit with a vapour trail! And, Fox actually had this in its news?

Unbelievable! I haven't seen anything so convincingly bad since ABBOTT AND COSTELLO GO TO MARS. Truly, unbelievable.

And, I suppose that you believed those stories about WMDs in Iraq, too?

Well, this says it all:

" I asked the world famous psychic Sollog about this video. He says it is REAL! "

Uh... right.

The video is fake, because there's no such thing as aliens.

There are far too many unbelievable and extremely unlikely things one has to buy into, to believe in them, and all the statements of "there must be something out there" and "why would only Earth have life?" are not scientific, or even logical.

Lots of things happen only once.

This would be like arguing that there MUST have been two US Presidents named John Kennedy that were assasinated by a guy named Oswald.

HOW COULD IT ONLY HAPPEN ONCE!!! THAT'S CRAZY!

1. Doesn't anyone find it suspicious that nobody started seeing aliens until science fiction stories started being published about them and they started appearing in movies & TV shows?

And don't you find it suspicous that aliens nature and agendas match whatever our culture is going through at the moment?

-1950's-1970's Aliens - They want to dominate earth, or colonize us, eat us, etc. (cold war fear inspired alien personalities)

-1980's-present - Aliens are wise, caring creatures, and they just want to tell us to stop killing each other, stop hurting the rain forest, or whatever...

2. Even IF life exists out there, the closest possible place, would take thousands of years of travel to get here, IF you could travel at the speed of light, and presubably aliens are so interested in us ruining the rain forest, or starting WWIII that they would go through all this to show up, anally probe a few people, and tell them this, especially given the fact that they apparently wanted to eat or colonize us just 40 years ago?

3. If life exists on other planets, there is a 50/50 chance they are BEHIND us in evolution. They could be microbes still, and yet there is this assumption that if life exists elsewhere, it's FAR more advanced than us.

Anyway, the Bigfoot film has not been proven to be a fraud.

The "proof" story itself was a fraud.

Check out the details here:

http://bfro.net/gdb/show_FAQ.asp?id=751

The thing I find astounding, is that almost everyone believes in aliens, even though there's absolutely no evidence that ANY kind of life exists on other planets, and yet these same people think it's impossible that a previously undiscovered primate could possibly exist, on a planet with proven life, crawling with other primates, and in fact, a giant ape (they got to 10 feet tall) once existed on earth (Gigantopithicus Blacki, of which fossils have been found).

The present theory is, that "IF" sasquatches exist, they're simply Giganto's that in fact didn't go extinct after all, and there are many other species that were thought to be extinct for millions of years, that are still with us (Coelacanth and Dawn Redwoods being two).

Now I'm not saying Sasquatches exist, but I'm just pointing out the lack of logic and fantasy involved in the subject by contrasting the two scenarios.

And whether or not the footage of the UFO appears fake or not is irrelevant.

If someone 200 years from now finds a print of Jurassic Park, they're going to conclude that dinosaurs walked among men in the 1990's!!!

Matt Pacini

The excellent tracking falls apart in the last few frames where the vapour trail doesn't keep up with the jerky camera movement.

3dstudioMax-isms aside, if an object that size accelerated that fast the shockwave would have put out every window in Manhattan, and brought down that helicopter to boot.

Well, this says it all:

" I asked the world famous psychic Sollog about this video. He says it is REAL! "

Uh... right.

The video is fake, because there's no such thing as aliens.

There are far too many unbelievable and extremely unlikely things one has to buy into, to believe in them, and all the statements of "there must be something out there" and "why would only Earth have life?" are not scientific, or even logical.

Lots of things happen only once.

This would be like arguing that there MUST have been two US Presidents named John Kennedy that were assasinated by a guy named Oswald.

HOW COULD IT ONLY HAPPEN ONCE!!! THAT'S CRAZY!

1. Doesn't anyone find it suspicious that nobody started seeing aliens until science fiction stories started being published about them and they started appearing in movies & TV shows?

And don't you find it suspicous that aliens nature and agendas match whatever our culture is going through at the moment?

-1950's-1970's Aliens - They want to dominate earth, or colonize us, eat us, etc. (cold war fear inspired alien personalities)

-1980's-present - Aliens are wise, caring creatures, and they just want to tell us to stop killing each other, stop hurting the rain forest, or whatever...

2. Even IF life exists out there, the closest possible place, would take thousands of years of travel to get here, IF you could travel at the speed of light, and presubably aliens are so interested in us ruining the rain forest, or starting WWIII that they would go through all this to show up, anally probe a few people, and tell them this, especially given the fact that they apparently wanted to eat or colonize us just 40 years ago?

3. If life exists on other planets, there is a 50/50 chance they are BEHIND us in evolution. They could be microbes still, and yet there is this assumption that if life exists elsewhere, it's FAR more advanced than us.

Anyway, the Bigfoot film has not been proven to be a fraud.

The "proof" story itself was a fraud.

Check out the details here:

http://bfro.net/gdb/show_FAQ.asp?id=751

The thing I find astounding, is that almost everyone believes in aliens, even though there's absolutely no evidence that ANY kind of life exists on other planets, and yet these same people think it's impossible that a previously undiscovered primate could possibly exist, on a planet with proven life, crawling with other primates, and in fact, a giant ape (they got to 10 feet tall) once existed on earth (Gigantopithicus Blacki, of which fossils have been found).

The present theory is, that "IF" sasquatches exist, they're simply Giganto's that in fact didn't go extinct after all, and there are many other species that were thought to be extinct for millions of years, that are still with us (Coelacanth and Dawn Redwoods being two).

Now I'm not saying Sasquatches exist, but I'm just pointing out the lack of logic and fantasy involved in the subject by contrasting the two scenarios.

And whether or not the footage of the UFO appears fake or not is irrelevant.

If someone 200 years from now finds a print of Jurassic Park, they're going to conclude that dinosaurs walked among men in the 1990's!!!

Matt Pacini

Recently, there have been hundreds of UFO sitings in Mexico. The U.S. government even acknowledges it. I am not syaing that aliens are real, I am saying that they very well could be real.

The excellent tracking falls apart in the last few frames where the vapour trail doesn't keep up with the jerky camera movement.

3dstudioMax-isms aside, if an object that size accelerated that fast the shockwave would have put out every window in Manhattan, and brought down that helicopter to boot.

Does anyone have a link to this video clip?

One of the scientists that had something to do with the Mexico sightings, said later his theory was that it was a case of ball lightning.

They said ball lightning (which is rare, but certainly verified as a real phenomenom!) would behave exactly as those sightings did, and in my opinion, this would explain a lot of the "mysterious balls of light behaving strangely" reports over the years.

Interesting, Nicola Tesla was able to artificially create ball lightning.

Clever guy.

Matt Pacini

My point exactly.

Remember, UFO means - Unidentified Flying Object, it does NOT mean - space ship!

And yet the term is used that way, because of that automatic assumption that if you don't know what it is, it MUST be an alien!

I get in these friendly little arguments with people all the time about aliens, and how unbelievably unlikely it is they exist.

A couple hundred years from now, we're going to look as stupid as people in the dark ages look to us now, believing in spells, dragons, elves, unicorns, witches, etc.

There's less proof or evidence of aliens, than there is of even the most wacky religious beliefs, or legends about say, unicorns and dragons.

I mean, unicorns and dragons are organic beings, who breathe oxygen, and we have right here, a planet of other organic beings, who breathe oxygen, right?

That alone makes them more likely to exist than aliens, along the order of many thousands of times greater likelyhood.

Matt Pacini