Reservation timing to delivery

Patrizio De Sica

• Premium Member
First people were hypothesizing that the RED would never show footage, then they said it would never make it to market, then they said it wouldn't be as advertised, then they said....

am I the only one with a wait and see attitude?

No, Michael, you're not the only one with the "Wait and see" attitude". I'm also waiting patiently in the hope that RED will live up to , if not surpass expectations.

In the future (when I can get my hands on one) would I like a new choice in the price range? Hell YEAH! thats why I am rooting for them. More options can never be a bad thing. Will everyone abandon 35mm film for the Red or 65mm? no probably not, but options only empower a film maker, never limit.

I concur. It's always going to be a case of "horses for courses".

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I regret that because of pending legal action, I have been advised not to make further postings on this forum, and to close my account forthwith.

I will simply go back to "read-only" lurk mode in future.

Is it possible that the legal action you refer to is something to do with something written about you on this forum?

Mike Brennan

• Premium Member
... or written by you?

Ah comeon Jim, please dont tell me you are the one pursuing legal action against Keith for being a dissenter. That would seriously damage your credibility as someone seeking input. Not to mention it would just be lame. I dont see why anyone has to resort to lawsuits with a forum. Its not like he put illegal pictures up of someones spouse or something. Its just technical jargon and speculation.

Sadly if it comes to lawsuits, no one is going to want to talk about RED anymore on this forum unless its yes man type comments and that really doesnt help anyone. We need to remember, this is just a product...its not going to rise or fall based on some differing opinions. There will always be those in the extreme RED camp, those in the other camp, and those who are in the middle trying to sort out the BS, which quite frankly, is somewhere between the two camps opinions.

Edited by Matthew W. Phillips

We need to remember, this is just a product...its not going to rise or fall based on some differing opinions. There will always be those in the extreme RED camp, those in the other camp, and those who are in the middle trying to sort out the BS, which quite frankly, is somewhere between the two camps opinions.

Even if i am in no camp, with all due respect - some folks of the extreme negative camp should maybe express their opinions in a less aggressive, a little bit more civilized way.

Equipment has techspecs, and they can be fact, not opinion or emotion.

Good features and ergonomics can be depending on personal preferences and/or situation. Things like resolution, framerate, sensorsize, bitdepth, size, weight and operation sound of a camera etc meanwhile aren´t.

As artist one should embrace new techniques and new technology.

If the folks at red succeed (and i wish them all the best on that, including some good solid fun with cigars) they will -in many aspect- simply offer a fantastic camera for a fantastic price, which realises many of the dreams of most different cinematographers out there.

We will certainly add red to our rental, training and production business.

• Premium Member
Matthew... again I ask you. What the hell are you talking about? Do you always jump to conclusions this quick, build a picture in your head and convict? Come on, man.

Jim

No, I just hear about business folks suing each other all the time over ridiculous things so it wouldnt surprise me a bit if another rich businessman sued someone for making them mad. Not saying you did it, just saying that it happens all the time.

Again: "Where is all of the hostility on this board coming from?"

It isn't coming from Jim Jannard that's for sure. Actually, he has a lot of patience to allow these attacks. Otherwise, it seems the fact of his success is a fuss instead a good thing, why?

Matthew, I wouldn't say coming specifically from you, but there are other interests around.

Edited by Patrizio De Sica