Examples of 200 Negative Vision2 super-8

John Adolfi

Some clips from my first camera-test of Vision 2 200t negative film, shot with a nizo professional with the internal lightmeter in auto-mode. I'm pretty satisfied with the results, although I'm sure somebody else will show less grainy clipsthan me. Also, there is a black dot/area in the up-right corner in some of my clips that I don't know where came from... But for a first time, I'm happy :-)

my clip

Regards,

Bjarne, Oslo, Norway.

Some clips from my first camera-test of Vision 2 200t negative film, shot with a nizo professional with the internal lightmeter in auto-mode. I'm pretty satisfied with the results, although I'm sure somebody else will show less grainy clipsthan me. Also, there is a black dot/area in the up-right corner in some of my clips that I don't know where came from... But for a first time, I'm happy :-)

my clip

Regards,

Bjarne, Oslo, Norway.

Haha, that's awesome. Looks good.

• Premium Member

my clip

Regards,

Bjarne, Oslo, Norway.

Not a bad roll indeed. What method of transfer did you use? Also, wanted to say that the zoom in there was one of the fastest zooms I've ever saw! Nice color though.

Also, someone on this site had posted this url before for comparison of Vision2 200t vs. 16 vs. S16 vs. DVX100. Here it is:

http://www.philrosefilms.com/kodakfilmdemo.html

Edited by Matthew W. Phillips

Andrew: Thanks!

Matthew: That was an interesting comparison that you linked to!

My footage was telecined and transfered to dv by norwegian company Norsk Smalfilm. It's actually the company of the webmaster of www.filmshooting.com, also a great site. On the company's website, it says that the film is telecined with a "FDL-60 with Super8 gate". Anyone know what that is?

I also have to add that I shot the film without a daylight filter, as I was not aware of the filter-notch-problem at the time. But i still like the colours, so I will probably do some more test shooting without filter in place.

David: Ja, jeg snakker norsk. Norsk er mitt morsmål (Yes, I speak norwegian. Norwegian is my native tongue :-) How come you speak a little norwegian? Have you been to Norway?

Here are some examples from a filmmaker in Finland of both Vision 2 200t and 500t:

Al Dente - Spaghetti western (You gotta love that title :-)

Regards,

Bjarne, Oslo, Norway.

Edited by Bjarne Eldhuset

Hello Bjarne,

A FDL-60 is a telecine machine (BTS/Philips) based on CCD technology. The super-8 gate is the vision-gate that allow that format to be transfered. You need a different gate for each different format. (some gates however can handle two formats as 16mm and Super 16mm for example).

Regards,

Daniel

Edited by Daniel Henriquez Ilic