Printing B&W reversal film

Guest Aaron Martin (TX)

Guest The Cardboard Company

Hi --

I'm considering using b&w reversal (Plus-X) for a long form documentary and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with having B&W reversal film printed and can offer any shooting tips/tricks and lab recommendations.

The look and texture fit the tone of the project, and we will of course shoot tests but I'd like to hear from "the voice of experience" before we launch into this project.

Thanks for your help,

Aaron

I'm considering using b&w reversal (Plus-X) for a long form documentary and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with having B&W reversal film printed and can offer any shooting tips/tricks and lab recommendations. ...

As has been mentioned on another thread, the Kodak 7361 B&W reversal print film is discontinued with no replacement.

Your lab could make prints on Plus-X reversal that is flashed to lower contrast, or flattened by judicious underdevelopment. The problem here is the PXR cannot be had in the 1200' and 2000' rolls that the lab used to get with 7361, I think only 400' max. and some testing will be needed. Or you can make a 7234 B&W internegative and 7302 positive prints from that, these are still available in long lengths.