Current 16mm film stock makers

Richardson Leao

Hi,

I want to compile a list of makers of 16mm film. Could anyone that knows any other maker share the info?

The ones I know of:

Kodak: color/bw reversal/negative (www.kodak.com)

Fuji: Color Negative (www.fujifilm.com)

Orwo: BW negative - can be developed reversal (www.filmotec.de)

Foma: BW reversal (www.foma.cz)

cheers

Hi,

I want to compile a list of makers of 16mm film. Could anyone that knows any other maker share the info?

The ones I know of:

Kodak: color/bw reversal/negative (www.kodak.com)

Fuji: Color Negative (www.fujifilm.com)

Orwo: BW negative - can be developed reversal (www.filmotec.de)

Foma: BW reversal (www.foma.cz)

cheers

Hi,

The Chinese company called "Lucky Film" is another one. Here is their web page.

http://www.luckyfilm.com/eng/products_1_3.html

There is another company called Tasma that I think may have stopped making 16mm. Svema may still be making 16mm.

Henry.

thanks for the tips. Svema does not produce 16mm anymore. I am still waiting for lucki film and Tasma reply to see if they do.

Hi,

The Chinese company called "Lucky Film" is another one. Here is their web page.

http://www.luckyfilm.com/eng/products_1_3.html

There is another company called Tasma that I think may have stopped making 16mm. Svema may still be making 16mm.

Henry.

• Premium Member
Um, Agfa went out of business last year IIRC.

That was "agfa Photo"

http://agfaphoto.com/en-GB/index.html

although part of that business was sold to a firm in the computer mantance line of work.

http://www.ao-services.de/ao_web/index.php?lang=en

AGFA-Gevert is still arround, but they no longer sell consumer photo products.. http://www.agfa.com/en/co/index.jsp

http://www.agfa.com/en/sp/solutions/cine/a...tcp30/index.jsp

hard to tell the players without a scorecard.

I could not find 16mm negs for luckyfilm but they do positives. I still did not get any reply from the russian tasma.

Just another info, foma can be bought in the US from www.jandcphoto.com (~25USD for 100ft daylight spools)

Orwo can be bought in Europe from www.dacan.dk or www.wittner-kinotechnik.de (~70E for 400ft)

According to Ilford they still have 16mm film for sell but only P3 and P4 surveillance. It has negative pitch perf. and can be used as mp stock. I have used some with good results. They say they are no longer in production of it though.

I could not find 16mm negs for luckyfilm but they do positives. I still did not get any reply from the russian tasma.

Just another info, foma can be bought in the US from www.jandcphoto.com (~25USD for 100ft daylight spools)

Orwo can be bought in Europe from www.dacan.dk or www.wittner-kinotechnik.de (~70E for 400ft)

According to Ilford they still have 16mm film for sell but only P3 and P4 surveillance. It has negative pitch perf. and can be used as mp stock. I have used some with good results. They say they are no longer in production of it though.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ole Dost

You can buy the ORWO Films directly from the producing campany. Its name is "Filmotec" and it´s situated in the old ORWO plant (and pre-war AGFA-plant) in Wolffen near Bitterfeld (former East Germany) Just go for the Filmotec homepage ("Google" knows where to find it). It is published in both German and English language. You can contact also directly (or an the homepage) the marketing leader, Mr. Frank Boehme boehme@filmotec.de , and order directy the films you want to buy. The Filmotec ORWO films are great negative stock! Some people say it´s the best BW-stock availible. There´s ORWO UN 54 (100 ASA) and ORWO N 74 (400ASA D / 250 ASA T). Both are low grain films with great results. Both available in 16mm and 35mm. Great News: Its not only better than all the other BW-stuff on the market, it´s also cheaper than most of it!

Ole

• Premium Member
You can buy the ORWO Films directly from the producing campany. Its name is "Filmotec" and it´s situated in the old ORWO plant

Is there developing process similar to the Foma which is like the OLD Tri-X process? Something about less time in the bleach... it would make it harder to get processed properly.

Guest Ole Dost
Is there developing process similar to the Foma which is like the OLD Tri-X process? Something about less time in the bleach... it would make it harder to get processed properly.

Sorry -I did never developp it by myself. I only can say that it is possible to developp it as Negative or directly as Positive (Reversal). Perhapes you get more information on the Filmotec site: www.filmotec.de

Sorry -I did never developp it by myself. I only can say that it is possible to developp it as Negative or directly as Positive (Reversal). Perhapes you get more information on the Filmotec site: www.filmotec.de

I have developed old ORWO negatives (NP7) using the old TRI-X processing. It is very similar. The 400ISO require longer 1st developer times.

Not sure whether this counts as an entry on your manufacturer list:

Cinevia Color Reversal film, actually Fuji Velvia Professional 50D perforated to 16mm and 8mm formats.

The 16mm, Super8 and Single8 stock It is available from GK-Film, a small German company:

GK-Film contact page

The whole story in English (from The Super8 Reversal Lab, NL):

About Cinevia (from Super8 Reversal Lab, Netherlands)