Anyone tried the new sync motor yet?

jef bryant

I can not answer your question, however I'm equaly stoked about this product. I'm pretty sure it's TOP-NOTCH material. The Aranda Group has a very good reputation with their services/products.

I actually am thinking about this very hard. The price is right and it basically brings the Konvas up to pro status regarding its electronics. If I already had a Konvas it'd be a done deal. The resale value is worth it alone.

Bruce, is the the noise level still about 55 decibles? Is the film pull down mechanism completely new? Also, is there a page for the Kinor version and if so will you put up a link for us. Thanks.

Very stoked about your product!

-Jonnie

Sweet, Kevin! Can you tell us about your battery options. What do you have? How do you film slow-mo(speeds above 30fps, like 50fps)? Two different battery packs? Or a pack that can switch voltage? What brand? Still loud enough to scare an actor into thinking a monster is on set? I just don't want a camera soooo loud that an actor can't think. This is the one thing that's kept me from buying it as an MOS cam. 55dbl!!! And I've heard some can be even louder depending on their history. Crazyness.....I want one for anamorphic work. Rent one sound cam and use this for MOS.

Thanks for sharing :) -Jonnie

Nevermind, I found your old posts about the site links. Is the price still the same for this ? Kinor=2500; Konvas=1350?

If anybody interesting of upgrade electrponics of Konvas motors with less price, can ask me.

I can upgrade old electronic on new style microprocessor control with 6, 10, 16 crystal sync speeds and additional technical possbilities.

The information about my upgrade of electronics to show on forum a some time ago.

• Premium Member
Sweet, Kevin! Can you tell us about your battery options. What do you have? How do you film slow-mo(speeds above 30fps, like 50fps)? Two different battery packs? Or a pack that can switch voltage? What brand? Still loud enough to scare an actor into thinking a monster is on set? I just don't want a camera soooo loud that an actor can't think. This is the one thing that's kept me from buying it as an MOS cam. 55dbl!!! And I've heard some can be even louder depending on their history. Crazyness.....I want one for anamorphic work. Rent one sound cam and use this for MOS.

Thanks for sharing :) -Jonnie

I have a 12v 7ah lead acid battery which is fine for speeds up to 50fps but anything above that you would need a higher voltage. The camera is pretty loud so you'd either have to build or buy a barney or throw a bunch of jackets over it, or rent a sync sound cam. What I like about the Konvas 5k is the digital readout(much easier to tell how much footage is being used)and the 5000 crystal speeds that it is capable of.

Kev

Nevermind, I found your old posts about the site links. Is the price still the same for this ? Kinor=2500; Konvas=1350?

Hi Jon

Sorry, I have not visited the forum for a while...

Thanks for your kind words.

Yes the prices are fixed. Konvas $USD1350, Kinor $2500

The Kinor site is still incomplete. I am finishing the upgrading of a nice Kinor with new electronics and new dark blue paintwork. We do repaints... I will photograph this in a few days and finish the web site with a spiffy set of images.

But for now,

http://www.kinor.arandafilm.com.au

Regards

Bruce