The Last King of Scotland

Keneu Luca

After I post this question I am going to search the web elsewhere for an answer. But I wanted to ask here as well.

The routine questions for sucha a topic..what was it shot on blah blah blah....stock..blah blah.....processing techniques...blah diddy blah blah.....DI....blah dee dah blah.....lenses....etc etc etc..

thank you.

The film looks amazing. Cant wait to see it.

looked awesome!

Technical Specifications for

The Last King of Scotland (2006)

Laboratory

DeLuxe

Film negative format (mm/video inches)

16 mm

Cinematographic process

Super 16

Printed film format

35 mm (blow-up)

Aspect ratio

2.35 : 1

After I post this question I am going to search the web elsewhere for an answer. But I wanted to ask here as well.

The routine questions for sucha a topic..what was it shot on blah blah blah....stock..blah blah.....processing techniques...blah diddy blah blah.....DI....blah dee dah blah.....lenses....etc etc etc..

thank you.

The film looks amazing. Cant wait to see it.

• Premium Member

Another film shot in Super 16 recently was Half Nelson which is currently out and getting great reviews. I think anyone in this forum who watches it will see its 16mm pretty quick.

Shot on Vision2 500T, its a little grainy and all handheld which was a little taxing on the eyes, but nice to see that rather than DV on a big screen.

Another film shot in Super 16 recently was Half Nelson which is currently out and getting great reviews.

Shot on Vision2 500T, its a little grainy and all handheld which was a little taxing on the eyes, but nice to see that rather than DV on a big screen.

No problem with handheld and a little grain.

But was it 2.35:1?

Is 'Last King...' a DI or an optical blowup?

• Premium Member
No problem with handheld and a little grain.

But was it 2.35:1?

I believe it was 2.35:1 but I'd bet it was Super 16 cropped in & anamorphized (is that a word?) durring blowup to 35.

Grain is ok, and handheld is usually ok, its just when every shot including closeups are handheld and moving it starts to hurt a little on the big screen IMO.