I've Found JJ!

• Premium Member
Richard I think you could spend your time a lot wiser doing something else than this endless hammering on RED and anyone remotely associated with it, no offense of course.

As you are new to the site, a word of advice: Save your breath when it comes to Richard. He is an instigating, combative, entertaining and sometimes insightful member and you are not going to change him with casual lines like, "get a life". ;)

Hey everyone, just thought i would clear this up briefly.

First I just want to point out I have no problem with Cinematography.com, or any of the members here as Richard would suggest. Dvxuser has a different user-base than Cinematography.com, My members on average are alot younger, and tend to be more involved in the Indie world -- So yes the signal to noise ratio can be a little lower. Its more of a filmmaking community than anything else, and I encourage people to randomly converse as thats what happens in real life, at work and on set. We have alot of incredibly talented professionals from the celluloid world as well, things are just a little more laid back.

Richard was removed from DVXuser for clearly coming online yesterday as a new user, and his first and only post was to instigate Jim in a Red centric forum, "calling him out" per say. I have alot of respect for Jim Jannard, and my other members that so quickly came to the defense, because we treat people like family over there.

So I just wanted to be clear, the removal of Richard had absolutely nothing to do with you guys over here at cinematography.com, the removal was soley to rid a deliberate attempt of trolling.

I just dont want to see this turn into a DVXuser.com vs. a Cinematography.com debate, since both are incredible filmmaking resources with different demographics.

thanks for understanding everyone.

Jarred Land

DVxuser.com

Jarred you seem to be working for RED, you seem to be at their labs everyday. Are you getting paid by them? Are they giving you a free camera? Whats your stake in the company? I'd like to know this instead of some self serving post where you want to come off as a nice guy. Because from what I've read you can be just as antagonizing as you claim Richard to be. Seems any one questioning the RED on dvxuser is pounced on and you seem to ignore those who posted those attacks creating a biased based of posters. Why don't you ban them? How can we believe that Richards banning was just because of his post and not part of your agenda. Come clean with your agenda because the evidence points to you having one. What really amazes me is how quick you are to defend a man like Jannard (try and get up off your knees) and how petty JJ can be regarding a clear minority of disparaging posts.

Edited by Michael Peploe

As you are new to the site, a word of advice: Save your breath when it comes to Richard. He is an instigating, combative, entertaining and sometimes insightful member and you are not going to change him with casual lines like, "get a life". ;)

why am I not suprised...

Anyway thanks for the tip, I will stay away from his posts in the future...

Richard I think you could spend your time a lot wiser doing something else than this endless hammering on RED and anyone remotely associated with it, no offense of course.

And since you are new to the site you have not taken the time to read posts made by members of this forum in the threads:

"First Outdoor Framegrab" & "1st RED footage." I posted NOTHING in either of those threads, and several forum members have not exactly been the kind of cheer leaders that JJ and the DVX boss want people to be.

Also, back to my original post for this thread, the Redites and the DVXites, have conveniently skipped over responding to why JJ would call a member of the DVX forum an "a**hole." If the DVX people are so respectful to JJ, why would JJ feel the need to call one of them an "a**hole"?

Please answer me that???????????????

R,

Richard,

When you see someone being a real a**ho** (= evil, stupid and so on...) and you know where's the truth lives beyond his or her bad intentions what you would like to say?!

At least to me (and I'm sure for many others), this it seems he's just a human being with feelings as any other.

Emanuel

EDIT -- IMHO, a lot of this rant over here it has two single words: envy, fear, survival, skepticism, incredulity. Pick two.

Edited by Mr. Emanuel A. Guedes

And since you are new to the site you have not taken the time to read posts made by members of this forum in the threads:

Oh I have read most of the posts here for two months, I read all negative posts about Red images, specifications or the team with great interest as long as it is valid and just and not another rant...

And I feel no need to be a cheerleader to anyone who has been posting here longer than me, but I am always receptive of useful feedback.

"First Outdoor Framegrab" & "1st RED footage." I posted NOTHING in either of those threads, and several forum members have not exactly been the kind of cheer leaders that JJ and the DVX boss want people to be.

It seems like some on here think that any positive remark on the Red camera, shots or anything associated with Red is beeing an uncritical, "cheerleader"... and that all people on DVX user in general is less smart/skilled than people on here. It´s also a great mistake to talk about cinematography.com posters as "us" and DVX users as "Them", I post on both, and I don´t fit either as "them" or "us", I have my own opinions.

Also, back to my original post for this thread, the Redites and the DVXites, have conveniently skipped over responding to why JJ would call a member of the DVX forum an "a**hole." If the DVX people are so respectful to JJ, why would JJ feel the need to call one of them an "a**hole"?

Please answer me that???????????????

R,

I don´t feel the need or urge to defend any post made by Jim Jannard, and I don´t give really care about details on bickering between JJ and some other user.

I have been shooting film on and off for 10+ years, and I am ready to go digital as soon as digital is good enough, and I hope it is sooner than later, if Jim can pull it off, I am in.

I think it´s been fun to follow the development of the Red camera since december, both the doubts, the cheers, the first images, the reports from NAB and IBC.

I have enjoyed the sceptics as well as I have been able to share the enthusiasm of those who wait for this camera like kids waiting for candy... It´s been and continues to be a fun thing to follow.

And so I think it´s annoying when people come trolling about it, bringing nothing new, just ranting about how people kiss JJ´s *ss and beeing his cheerleaders and such stupid comments. It´s just rude and unecessary and not constructive at all.

I will stay away from responding to future trolling, and rather concentrate on the people who have valid input, be it negative or positive.

Good night!

Richard,

When you see someone being a real a**ho** (= evil, stupid and so on...) and you know where's the truth lives beyond his or her bad intentions what you would like to say?!

At least to me (and I'm sure for many others), this it seems he's just a human being with feelings as any other.

IMHO, a lot of this rant over here it has two single words: envy, fear, surviving, skepticism, incredulity. Pick two.

All this coming from the guy who has apparently already bought every piece of Red gear made. Question: Will you be getting a complimentary baseball hat and sweat shirt with all of that?

R,

And so I think it´s annoying when people come trolling about it, bringing nothing new, just ranting about how people kiss JJ´s *ss and beeing his cheerleaders and such stupid comments. It´s just rude and unecessary and not constructive at all.

I will stay away from responding to future trolling, and rather concentrate on the people who have valid input, be it negative or positive.

Good night!

So basically you didn't read the other threads? Many people made posts regarding the technical aspects of the footage or frame grabs that could hardly be considered "trolling."

R,

• Premium Member
I have been shooting film on and off for 10+ years, and I am ready to go digital as soon as digital is good enough,

Erik,

I think your just waiting for 'good enough', what ever that may be.

I am waiting for 'better', my clients don't want good enough, they want the best and will pay for the best.

Stephen

EDIT -- IMHO, a lot of this rant over here it has two single words: envy, fear, survival, skepticism, incredulity. Pick two.
I stand corrected:

Some of the skepticism it JUST has one word: incredulity. And some of this incredulity it JUST has one word: prudence.

A lot of this rant it JUST has two single words: envy, fear, survival. Pick two.

Pick up one of these two routes. It's your own route.

Quoting you:

the facts speak for themselves.

On this your rant:

All this coming from the guy who has apparently already bought every piece of Red gear made. Question: Will you be getting a complimentary baseball hat and sweat shirt with all of that?

R,

Even if I follow your concern and I subscribe what you're thinking it is the case. For sure you don't know what you're talking about. Pay more attention at your own affairs and let other people living withOUT your useless and childish attacks.

Emanuel

Edited by Mr. Emanuel A. Guedes

Even if I follow your concern and I subscribe what you're thinking it is the case. For sure you don't know what you're talking about. Pay more attention at your own affairs and let other people living with your useless and childish attacks.

Emanuel

In all seriousness Mr. Emanuel A. Guedes, what was the advantage of ordering all of that red gear before it officially hits the market? Does Red offer a substantial price reduction?

Clearly you have no qualms about ordering gear that you have not actually tested and used, which is fine of course, to each his own

R,

In all seriousness Mr. Emanuel A. Guedes, what was the advantage of ordering all of that red gear before it officially hits the market? Does Red offer a substantial price reduction?

several advantages, mr. boddington, several.

first: the timespan one is ahead of the competition. that if quite important for rental business. if the other one can´t rent out the gear and can´t buy it as well, you take the business and the money away from him. therefore you earn the camera back faster. that attracts the business people, and this is why several of the worlds top-rental shops have maximum orders. But you might not be interest in business, would you?

second: red will, if it materializes as planned, be a superior camera compared to most offerings on the market today and tomorrow. we have directors and dops who are asking us if their upcoming productions already could be shifted on the red. that might have its source in the "best of both worlds" approach you find in the red design, and the creative minds interest in exploiting these possibilities. can you say lightweight 35mm 4K steadycam with soundsync and on set checkup of the footage without thinking about footage, cost and reload issues? so, that makes the creative ones interested. But you would not be interested in creativity and using the best gear ASAP, would you?

third: its non risk, the deposit is refundable.

Clearly you have no qualms about ordering gear that you have not actually tested and used, which is fine of course, to each his own

Mr. Boddington, as you told us all this is fraud, jannard hasn´t a clue what he is doing, there is no sensor etc.

just lean back and enjoy. my orders btw came in after i saw the image projected on 4k and some dozens feet wide and examined the prototype, from which the serial red will be different in many aspects. deposits for the orders can be taken back before delivery btw.

several advantages, mr. boddington, several.

first: the timespan one is ahead of the competition. that if quite important for rental business. if the other one can´t rent out the gear and can´t buy it as well, you take the business and the money away from him. therefore you earn the camera back faster. that attracts the business people, and this is why several of the worlds top-rental shops have maximum orders. But you might not be interest in business, would you?

second: red will, if it materializes as planned, be a superior camera compared to most offerings on the market today and tomorrow. we have directors and dops who are asking us if their upcoming productions already could be shifted on the red. that might have its source in the "best of both worlds" approach you find in the red design, and the creative minds interest in exploiting these possibilities. can you say lightweight 35mm 4K steadycam with soundsync and on set checkup of the footage without thinking about footage, cost and reload issues? so, that makes the creative ones interested. But you would not be interested in creativity and using the best gear ASAP, would you?

third: its non risk, the deposit is refundable.

Mr. Boddington, as you told us all this is fraud, jannard hasn´t a clue what he is doing, there is no sensor etc.

just lean back and enjoy. my orders btw came in after i saw the image projected on 4k and some dozens feet wide and examined the prototype, from which the serial red will be different in many aspects. deposits for the orders can be taken back before delivery btw.

I was asking a simple question, Mr. Wise Ass, thanks for the informative reply.

FYI, where exactly did I say Jim Janard is doing some thing faudulent? Please find me that post I made in those exact words.

R,

PS: As for "But you would not be interested in creativity and using the best gear ASAP, would you?" I already use the best gear, have done for years, it's called film.

In all same seriousness Mr. Richard Boddington, the advantage is taking place in the line of what we're thinking it will be a market hit. Unfortunately, I don't have any substantial price reduction but I'd like to.

R,

First what I did it was merely a reservation. The first one in last April. Now after the first footage release and late RED development and its prov(id)ed success, the second one plus two RED zoom lenses and one RED 300mm lens reservations.

And now you're right: your in your own my cinematography.com forums fellow.

• Premium Member
first: the timespan one is ahead of the competition. that if quite important for rental business.

Hi Jan,

I don't understand what you mean by ahead of the competition?

Arri D20 exists and works, Dalsa exists and works, SI exists and works.

They are only ahead on price of Arri & Dalsa, I understand the SI is cheaper. Why don't you offer your clients a SI camera?

Stephen

In all same seriousness Mr. Richard Boddington, the advantage is taking place in the line of what we're thinking it will be a market hit. Unfortunately, I don't have any substantial price reduction but I'd like to.

First what I did it was merely a reservation. The first one in last April. Now after the first footage release and late RED development and its prov(id)ed success, the second one plus two RED zoom lenses and one RED 300mm lens reservations.

And now you're right: your in your own my cinematography.com forums fellow.

Ok well I was just asking, that particular question was in no way a dig of any kind. Thanks for the info.

But I don't know what you mean by this?:

"And now you're right: your in your own my cinematography.com forums fellow."

R.

But I don't know what you mean by this?:

"And now you're right: your in your own my cinematography.com forums fellow."

R.

No worries, no offense there but thanks anyway for asking. As you would say: «that particular salutation was in no way a dig of any kind».

Emanuel

Ok time to close this thread, thanks all.

And to JarRED from DVX what where the exact words you said to me on your forum...

"I hope you enjoyed your rather brief stay, and i hope the door slams you in the ass on the way out."

R,