Does Film Plus still exist?

Patrick Cooper

I looked up Film Plus in the Australian White Pages online and the closest matches I could find were Film Australia and Film Crew Victoria etc. Last time I searched for this business over two years ago on the same website, their name and details came up. Are they actually still in business?

• 2 weeks later...
I looked up Film Plus in the Australian White Pages

Are they actually still in business?

I haven't had any film go through there for quite a few years but I do know this - it's literally a garage setup, as in they operate out of their own garage.

Curious to know what your experiences have been like?

cheers,

Overall, the quality of their processing has been quite good - for both super 8 and 16mm. For 16mm, Ive had one Tri-X film and one Ektachrome 7240 film developed by them. And Ive also seen well over 40 Tri-X and Plus-X super 8 films screened at the Adelaide Fringe festival which were all developed by Film Plus. Though it would be nice if they spliced some film leader to the films they process.

Overall, the quality of their processing has been quite good - for both super 8 and 16mm.

Though it would be nice if they spliced some film leader to the films they process.

My experiences have been far more mixed - processing itself not too bad but turnaround times rather on the erratic side, though I guess beggars can't really be choosers, eh? :)

Kim Sargenius

Turn around times being erratic, eh? I'm still waiting for my latest Tri-X to come back. By the way, this Tri-X and the last Tri-X film I had developed by them are at least 15 years out of date. The previous one turned out mostly fine. So I'm guessing the current one should should be just as good.