sound recording

John Adolfi

I own a digital recorder and it records on 2GB flash card. My formats to record range from WAV 24 bit 44.1 kHz to MP3 16bit 320 kps-64kps. I want to record interviews and be albe to e-mail the sound files to a friend who edits our stuff for on line distribution like Youtube. My question is what is the reasonable format to record in so I can have a reasonable file size to e-mail and have decent quality? Any thoughts?

• 2 months later...
I own a digital recorder and it records on 2GB flash card. My formats to record range from WAV 24 bit 44.1 kHz to MP3 16bit 320 kps-64kps. I want to record interviews and be albe to e-mail the sound files to a friend who edits our stuff for on line distribution like Youtube. My question is what is the reasonable format to record in so I can have a reasonable file size to e-mail and have decent quality? Any thoughts?

Record in the best resolution possible WAV, Compress them on your computer later for delivery.

Don't use email for audio files. Most email servers will reject anything over 20Megs.