Light meter repair

Hi,

Does anyone know a place in London where the Sekonic Studio Deluxe L-398 meter can be checked up and repaired?

Thanks,

P.

Perhaps I'll ask for a diagnosis here... basically, the needle on the L-398 wasn't pointing at zero anymore, so I followed the manual in reseting it by turning the screw at the back; however, the screw didn't have any impact on the needle whatsoever, it just kind of went loose and it still is...

Anyone has a similar problem? What can be done and where?

Thanks.

Perhaps I'll ask for a diagnosis here... basically, the needle on the L-398 wasn't pointing at zero anymore, so I followed the manual in reseting it by turning the screw at the back; however, the screw didn't have any impact on the needle whatsoever, it just kind of went loose and it still is...

Anyone has a similar problem? What can be done and where?

Thanks.

I can't help you directly, but you should check your local rental house or photo store, they probably have the means of sending your meter in for a repair.

Hello Peter,

I'm also an owner of the Sekonic L-398... I've only had it for about 2 weeks so far and I too had to reset the screw on the back of the meter to get the needle to go to zero.

Unfortunately I don't have any specifics on how to repair it but I have this to say - The problem must be purely mechanical but I take it that you don't want to open the meter up and ruin it - so in that case the best thing you could do would be to write Sekonic an email and I'm sure they could give you some in depth info on where to get it repaired.

If I had the same problem on my meter, I would have just taken it apart and tried to fix it - it's a very simple device and as long as your careful I think you might be able to fix it yourself.

Just my two cents.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

After not having my emails answered by Sekonic UK (strangely, they don't have a telephone number), I ended up calling Japan and getting the name of the official distributor and service provider for the UK. This is their website, in case anyone needs it: www.johnsons-photopia.co.uk

That was very kind of you, Laurent, I really appreciated it. Thanks.