Shooting in Lithuania

• Premium Member

... I've just finished focus pulling duties on a BBC drama ' Tchaikovsky' in Lithuania and just wanted to mention the great local crews supplied from Cinevera in Vilnius. We shot for 12 days in and around Vilnius and had a country house in Traku Voku as a studio/set base. There was a great ambience on set and all got on well. The Cinevera guys worked hard and each department helped each other without fuss. Luckily for us their English was pretty good and little was lost in translation. Kosha (his nick-name - it means porridge) the key grip was always on it with his movietech dolly and Geni the gaffer was very dillgent.

... The wrap party featured (too much) vodka and late-night dancing and the hangover the next day was made worse by the 6 hour flight delay, but great memories all round...

Rupe Whiteman.

• 1 month later...

Hey Rupe,

I was actually supposed to go to VLN in Oct to help a director shoot but it just didn't work out as I got a little busy on my side, however it is a nice little place and since I dated a girl from there when I was in EU I would it it's a great spot to film as the outside scene of the city and the look of certain places are beautiful and don't need to do anything in terms of cinematography to aesthetisize moreover production is very cheap in Lith. I am very much interested in Eastern Europe and it's natural look as it totally contrasts from N. America, I myself just like foreign productions alot more as they are a little tougher (as their always low budget) and their just more natural!

my best,

Joey Dee

Last summer I went to the kino studija there in Vilnius. My wife is from Lithuania and while we were there we called up and a very nice man named Ramunas Skikas, the managing director, gave us a tour of the studios and we went on a couple of sets that were shooting. They have fairly nice studios, they were built during the soviet era. Also, the Lithuanian countryside is amazingly beautiful. I recommend shooting there to anyone who has the means.

Travis

Edited by Travis Cline

• 1 month later...