STOLEN: Three Bolex 16mm Cameras

Jonathan Bowerbank

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! If anybody spots any Bolex 16mm cameras being put up for sale, that you think might have originated from the San Francisco Bay Area, please let me know!

Three Bolex cameras were stolen from the Film Arts Foundation rental facility on Halloween night. This was a huge blow for everyone.

Please get in contact with me or anyone from Film Arts directly if you suspect anyone.

http://www.filmarts.org

Thanks!

Sounds like the work on one person, if only 3 cameras were stolen. Also, and I really hate to say this, but I don't thing the average burgler would steal 16mm movie cameras. He would want something easier to fence. It sounds like it may have been a local film-maker that did the job.

I'd look to people within the community. Thieves brag, someone knows something. Put out a reward and a tip line.

Sorry for the bad news.

Joe

• Premium Member
Yes, not your average drug- funding heist. They'd be after MP3 players or laptops. Someone stole it who DOES know his Switar from a hole in the ground. A very discerning thief, though. Did he leave the CP-16s?

Who had access to them...?

Yes, not your average drug- funding heist. They'd be after MP3 players or laptops. Someone stole it who DOES know his Switar from a hole in the ground. A very discerning thief, though. Did he leave the CP-16s?

CP-16 > Bolex any day man.

who would steal a camera that goes for ~$200

Unless they were EBMs or REX V's, in which case its understandible.

• Premium Member

Please post the serial numbers and any identifying characteristics (ex. RX3, 4, 5, particular lenses) and I'll keep an eye out for them. You might want to notify ebay and give them the serial numbers as well, though I've heard they're pretty bad about keeping track of that kind of thing.

Hope you guys recover your cameras - FAF is a great local resource.