Ultraviolet Lighting Filter

Dudu Stoz

Hello

I have a project comming up in which the illumination in some of the sets is planed to involve ultraviolet lighting .

This atmosphere should be dominant so i'm afraid that ultraviolet fluorosent bulbs won't be enought.

My question is to you if you aware to any kind of ultraviolet lighting gel that i can utilize on big lamps - or any other idea that may be sliping away of my mind.

Thank's in advance,

Edited by Dudu Stoz

• Premium Member

Hi,

You can do one of two things.

- Get hold of something like this. They're based around 400W mercury vapour lamps and have a lot of output. They're also quite directional.

- If you're in a situation where you can put up with seeing blue light, you can either put congo blue gel on HMIs, or use an intelligent HMI lighting unit with dichroic filters to achieve a similar effect, such as any of the moving-head/moving-mirror effects lights. I've used the Studio Due Citycolor for this sort of thing. You will then get a lot of deep visible blue light as well, but it's better than Congo Blue on an HMI because the gel will bleach out very quickly if you need to put a lot of light through it.

Phil

• 5 years later...

Thank you for the info

Have anybody tried out LEE 700 Perfect Lavender , 799 Special KH Lavender or 713 J.Winter Blue for UV effects ? My local distributor does not carry any , so need to order overseas.

Cheers

Malcom