joe dunton anomorphic 16mm

Keith Mottram

• Premium Member

has anyone had experience with this converted camera? interested in how it performs especially when blown up to 35 ano via 2k DI. Also interested in any problems technically, with the camera accesories and lenses.

thanks

Keith

There is also the 16 scope lens, built by a frensman, Thierry Tronchet, which was used for the film "Japon" (btw. the camera used for the film is for sale on this forum). I found some information about the lens on http://forum.europeanservers.net/cgi-bin/d.eur?5000628

The lens is a anamorpic adaptor which you put in front of your lenses (you can use lensen from 10mm to 65mm)

Are there any people with experiences on this lens?

Hello,

The anamorphic adaptor lens that was used for "Japón", and also Gaspar Noe's "I Stand Alone", can only be used with prime lenses that go from 20mm to 135mm(horizontaly they become 10mm to 65mm).

You must calibrate the primes to an exact infinity setting so that you can then pull your focus using only the anamorphic adaptor.

I think it is a very good choice for low budget productions(like most 16mm productions)

but using normal anamorphic lenses I belive would be alot easier.

The amazing thing is that you can use any regular 16mm camera and end up with a Cinemascope image.

Another detail is that since the 16mm frame is about 1.37:1 aspect ratio you will end up with a 2.74:1 aspect ratio image. You then need to mask the top and bottom of the 1.17:1 (Scope) 35mm frame and thin black bars will apear in top and bottom, that NO ONE will ever notice.

• Like 1