K-3 wide lens...

Joe Acchione

I just bought a K-3 regular 16 mm and I'm looking for a wide lens. From what I hear, the peleng 8mm is often distorted, but I'm wondering if it's the only cheap option. I heard something about a 10-100mm zoom lens, but I can't seem to find many details about it. What other options are there?

Edited by Joe Acchione

I just bought a K-3 regular 16 mm and I'm looking for a wide lens. From what I hear, the peleng 8mm is often distorted, but I'm wondering if it's the only cheap option. I heard something about a 10-100mm zoom lens, but I can't seem to find many details about it. What other options are there?

You could try some of those wide angle converter attachments for camcorders or digital cameras on an SLR lens but the quality can be variable so you'd have to do tests. For all it's quirks, I suggest just sticking w/ the Peleng; the only other option are Nikon lenses and they'll cost more than the K3.

Edited by Sir Alvin Ecarma

If you bought a bayonet mount K3, you can find easily a 12,5 mm prime (not expensive).

With M42 mount, 8 mm Peleng is fine too, very nice for nature, outdoor, etc. Not very fast too (3,5), a bit distorded, but most of wide angle converter for camcorders are worse curve than that. Distorsion is not saw outdoor, more problems in squares indoor.

Last but not least, here

http://www.geocities.com/russiancamera/16m...asnogorsk-4.htm

you can find Olexandr Kalynychenko, a guy able to convert a 10/100 mm to bayonet mount K3.

If you buy this lens on ebay, he can do the conversion for you.

All that is very few expensive.

I poligise for my poor english.

I forget one thing : i tried once to put on my 17/69 meteor my 0,75 converter from 10/100 lens. It seems it work. the result is the same : 12,75 mm.

I confirm of information from Philippe.

If you have K-3 with bayonet mount, you can use modified profesisonal zoom lens 16 OPF-12-1 10-100 mm.

This is lens have rear neutral denisty and color correctoion filters.

If you check of old tipics , you can see my letters about resolution of 16OPF-12 and other vest lenses.

You can see, the 16 OPF-12-1 zoom lens have very good resolution.

This is lens can have 0.75 front attachment and have range 7.5-75 mm.

Theoretically, possible modify 16 OKS5.9 -1 lens 5.9 mm, but, i don't had orders do this and can not tell you from practical side.

If you have K-3 with M42 screw mount, you can use Peleng lens from wide angle lenses only.

But, Peleng have big field distortion, because, this is fish eye lens.

Other idea, replace of front part of body on version with bayonet mount. This can be front part of body from Krasnogorsk-1 or Krasnogorsk-2 or Krasnogrosk-3 cameras.

For information, super rare ( 27 pcs only ) , experimental Kransogrosk-4 camera had 16OPF-12- 1K zoom lens 12-120 mm.

But, if you will think about 10-100 mm zoom lens, and will have idea to buy, possible, you need think about replace of cine camera too ?

Kinor-16 SX-2M camera have 16 OPF-12-1 10-100 zoom lens on set.

This camera can have 12-120 mm zoom lens and can use with prime lenses from 6 mm up to 300 mm.

Kinor have 400 ft film magazines and electrical motor.

The electrical motor can be modify on multi speed crystal sync speed motor.

A few time ago, my colleague sell modified Kinor-16 Super 16 camera with Arri PL lens mount and crystal sync speed motor.

If you read of magazine ?Schmalfilm? ( SmallFormat ), you can see article about Kinor-16 .