Lost Highway DVD

I don't think there is a US dvd. The only North American dvd is a Canadian one which I hear is Pan and Scan and has terrible picture quality. Not sure about the German one but you can get a region free player pretty cheap. My understanding is that Lynch and Co. had finished work on the dvd a while ago but USA Films/Universal is still sitting on it.

Thank you, Robert W. Do you have any recommendations on region free players? Also, do region hacks actually work? I have a Sanyo DWM-370 player.

Region hacks should work on most DVD players, since the region lockout is nothing more than software code telling the decoder "PLAY ONLY X REGION DVD" (but in proper code, of course). AFAIK, and I'm almost positive, it's not a hardware thing.

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.php?select=Sanyo+DWM-370

I removed region lockout on my Apex.

I don't have a region free player, but I have heard o.k. things about the various Cyberhome players. In Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Best Buy has a Cyberhome player for around $40. I think the PAL to NTSC conversion might not be the best but I'm not sure about newer players. I think you could find better info on the Home Theatre Forum or someplace like that.

Hey Andy,

I've got Lost Highway on Region 4 and it looks very good. I don't know about any other versions. If you've got a DVD player on your computer there's a good program called DVD X Player which plays all region DVDs and you can download it as a trial and if you like it you can buy it.

Good luck

Of the versions I have seen over various regions, as I recall the Region 4 looked the best, and the american DVD's do look like Bootlegs, don' they?

Should you want to check out the best version of Twin Peaks- and I mean the entire series with the Pilot included- then get your hands on the Spanish Box Set. It

has loads of special features and better quality than the american stuff, so far. I got mine for $85 from EBAY.