Between the Lines - WW2 production

Hello all,

I'm new to this community and i thought I'd introduce myself and tell you a little bit about my upcoming movie. I am 26 and a film enthusiast, I never made it to film school or further education as I went straight into a job. I live in the South West of the UK in Devon. I have an extreme strong passion for film and decided to learn everything I could from books and the internet. I would love to learn more about shooting on HD and Film and wish to pursue this. I have made a few tests in the past but finally decided to go a little further and shoot a 35min short film about World War 2 on MiniDV, MiniDV due to lack of money. I have had a great time making it and have made a lot of contacts and some great new found friendships. I'm also going to making a few music videos to gain more experience. I'm hoping to shoot a feature on HD late next year with pre production taking the best part of a year. I'm very interested in using all forms of filmmaking to bring a story to life, especially using miniatures and CG. Please feel free to view details on my film at www.betweenthelinesmovie.com It has taken 16 months of my life in preperation and post prduction, I hope you like it.

This community does look a little intimidating as you all seem very knowledgable in your fields of expertise. I hope to learn more about filmmaking here and hopefully able to give something back to the communtiy.

All the Best

Ashley Wing

• 7 months later...
  • Premium Member

Hello Ashley,

Congratulations on a fine effort. It's admirable to see someone so determined to tell a story regardless of budget limitations. While others endlessly debate the merits of film vs. digital, and the benefits and drawbacks of a plethora of filmaking formats and hardware, you were out making a movie. Sort of reminds me of another film made for almost no money: http://www.saintsandsoldiers.com/

Best wishes on your next project!

-Fran