35mm eyemo

learjet76

The Eyemo is capable of some very good 35mm images, the main issue with Eyemos is the lenses that they use. Most of the lenses are WWII era, and so they don't match well with the current selection that is out there. If you put the most modern lense on the Eyemo, it would be virtually indistinguishable from an image shot on a Panavision. But even with the older lenses, the quality is very good and of course considerably better than anything shot on 16mm.

• Premium Member

Beware the gate has not been filed out as I've seen some bad work in this respect and don't expect registration to be too good either :blink: I wouldn't use it for anything with overlays like titles, but for live action it should be fine.

I saw one in France with a Leica M mount on it. Those lenses will be fine if a little limited in range

• Premium Member
problem with registration?  That's funny, as my Filmo's registration is rock-solid despite being close to 80 years old.

Then you're lucky, hang on to it!! . I've only used rentals which obviously get abused, but the mech is extremely crude. I've NEVER seen a steady one yet, fine for live action stuff but I'd hate to lay text over it :lol:

Always be careful that your camera has not been used in crash-tests. Mine was dusty when I found it, being an attic-dweller. I had to then take it out, and fine-tune it back into shape, but now that it is back to factory-condition, it is the most stable camera I own. Pity it doesn't have an electric-motor input, being a model A-4. But, it is a great second unit camera, which I use for title work most often.

• 1 year later...

Hello

I have a Eyemo K as 35mm crash-camera with 25mm,50mm,100mm,152mm all perfectly working.

I need information over the MILTAR Lens from General Scientific in Eyemo mount.

What focal lens are be made as MILTAR?Year?Lens of same quality?

Sorry for my bad English.

Regards,

Henri

Hello

I have a Eyemo K as 35mm crash-camera with 25mm,50mm,100mm,152mm all perfectly working.

I need information over the MILTAR Lens from General Scientific in Eyemo mount.

What focal lens are be made as MILTAR?Year?Lens of same quality?

Sorry for my bad English.

Regards,

Henri

---The Miltars were made in the early 50s. There was an article describing them in an issue of the SMPTE Journal when B&H brought them in the early 50s. Some libraries might carry bound back issues.

---LV