Fomapan 100

Guest Michael Carter

Guest Michael Carter

I've been looking all day for info on this film, Fomapan 100asa 16mm reversal. Two places were found that sell it: Java and 16mmfilmstock. Two places were found that process it: Java and Black & White Film Factory, they are the only processer that name the stock as one they process.

Does anyone else sell 16mm 1R or 2R Fomapan 100 or any other speed in the States or CA? No X-rays please.

Does anyone else process it for sure? I didn't want to call everyone and bother them about it. It doesn't seem to be very much used.

Michael Carter

• Premium Member
I've been looking all day for info on this film, Fomapan 100asa 16mm reversal. Two places were found that sell it: Java and 16mmfilmstock. Two places were found that process it: Java and Black & White Film Factory, they are the only processer that name the stock as one they process.

Does anyone else sell 16mm 1R or 2R Fomapan 100 or any other speed in the States or CA? No X-rays please.

Does anyone else process it for sure? I didn't want to call everyone and bother them about it. It doesn't seem to be very much used.

Michael Carter

J and C photo is where I have bought it myself, but they seem to be on Hiatus.

http://jandcphoto.com/

I have used B&WFF for processing.

J and C photo is where I have bought it myself, but they seem to be on Hiatus.

http://jandcphoto.com/

I have used B&WFF for processing.

yep, i also bought it from JandC, dunno what is going on with them (i think though that they might be still shipping).

Alternatively

www.retrophotographic.com/ (uk)

and wittner kino in germany

about processing, the film can also be processed as a negative. AND please re-check it, but tri-x processing might work on it. My understanding is that tri-x is bleached with K permanganate instead of dichromate and as it happens to ilford films, that works fine, BUT PLEASE CHECK IT. cheers

Guest Michael Carter

Please note: there are lots of threads already about self processing this stock. That is not something I want to do at this time. I'd like to purchase some already past x-rays and send it away to get consistant professional results. I do not want to pay double dollars for UK prices, but, I think they are the only ones to sell 2R film.

Does Java have a lab?

Edited by Michael Carter

Guest William D Greer

Michael Carter

I had some double eight processed by Yale recently.....

Bill Greer

• Premium Member
Hi, I dont do anything, have a bit of silver solvent on my developer, but basically it comes off, just like kodachrome (when developed as BW) does.

Interesting, the data sheet from FOMA used to indicate that it CANNOT be processed as a negative becuse of the ANTI-Halo Layer.

I just looked again

http://www.foma.cz/Upload/foma/prilohy/F_pan_R_en.pdf

and that warning is no longer there, and the sheet indicates that it is only made as single perf in 16mm now. (and double 8 and DS8 and 135.)

Interesting, the data sheet from FOMA used to indicate that it CANNOT be processed as a negative becuse of the ANTI-Halo Layer.

I just looked again

http://www.foma.cz/Upload/foma/prilohy/F_pan_R_en.pdf

and that warning is no longer there, and the sheet indicates that it is only made as single perf in 16mm now. (and double 8 and DS8 and 135.)

Hm, maybe they changed the stock, would be cool to process it as negative. If they really changed it, it would be nice to know when; to be sure wether your stock is able to be negative or not...

if someone here knows more...

Edited by Bernhard Zitz

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Michael Carter

Q: "I have an Auricon Pro 600 Optical SOF and want to shoot Fomapan in it. Do you process that film? 16mm Fomapan 1R 100asa B&W. Thanks" Michael Carter

A: We sure do, we run B+W reversal every day and Fomapan runs in the same chems as Kodak reversal.

Brad Chandler

Cinelab Inc

Remember it (I had to say, forget it, earlier). Well now, it may indeed be worth a try at that.

Edited by Michael Carter

• Premium Member
Q: "I have an Auricon Pro 600 Optical SOF and want to shoot Fomapan in it. Do you process that film? 16mm Fomapan 1R 100asa B&W. Thanks" Michael Carter

A: We sure do, we run B+W reversal every day and Fomapan runs in the same chems as Kodak reversal.

Brad Chandler

Cinelab Inc

Remember it (I had to say, forget it, earlier). Well now, it may indeed be worth a try at that.

Ummm, no.

Fomapan works in the older Kodak process appearently but not the newer one.

I've had labs do the newer one with Fomapan and you get an interesting bizzare "flame" effect on the highlights that looks like a really old 80's video or something.