Some stills (Fuji 500D)

Gross, but I like it.

I like the clean strylized look in contrast with the red blood and the brain.I also like the grain I see in the shots especially the cu of the man.

I was a little worried about the grain, but it doesnt seem to bother other people. I'm glad you mentioned the stylized contrast of the blood against the white, that is what i was going for.

Have you shot this stock before? I'm curious to compare against other stuff.

So you replace all the fluorescents in the room to match daylight, just curious what bulbs you used? Also, did you use any fill because I'm working on something using the same stock and camera but thinking of using a light CTB just to even some things out.

PS Looks fantastic. Thanks!

So you replace all the fluorescents in the room to match daylight, just curious what bulbs you used? Also, did you use any fill because I'm working on something using the same stock and camera but thinking of using a light CTB just to even some things out.

PS Looks fantastic. Thanks!

90% was practical lights from above no fill. Home Depot sells some daylight balanced "Florescent" lights that I just switched out.

If I could go back I would spend a tad more time on getting more contrast in the shot, but it wasnt on my mind at the time. I'm a little worried that the lighting will be too even and flat.

I forgot to I directed it and a friend of mine shot it. He's a badass.

Edited by Galen

Home Depot sells some daylight balanced "Florescent" lights that I just switched out.

Hi,

At Telecine did you notice much green in the 'daylight' tubes? I know here you can specially order some from Phillips and the colour balance is good, but others that claim to be daylight or tungsten from your local lighting wholesaler really are not, and tend to have a heavy green spike.

Hi,

At Telecine did you notice much green in the 'daylight' tubes? I know here you can specially order some from Phillips and the colour balance is good, but others that claim to be daylight or tungsten from your local lighting wholesaler really are not, and tend to have a heavy green spike.

You're asking the wrong person. I don't know much about that.

But here is a still from my Digital SLR under simulated settings that we used.

n7926076_36556615_8055.jpg

I don't have a problem with the amount of contrast - the images look nice and diffused. Plus the clash of black and white and red in some of the stills create a contrast of their own. The grain is not distracting either - it does add a bit of atmosphere.