viewer/editior/splicer

jason duncan

Hello all, Newbie question: Is a viewer/editior sort of like the old GAF ViewMaster plastic toys we had as kids that shines the light through each little frame of the disc? I want to view the film before I have it transfered but I don't want to use my old projector, it jams and scratches the films so I was hoping a viewer is easier on the films....like a ViewMaster.

• Premium Member
Hello all, Newbie question: Is a viewer/editior sort of like the old GAF ViewMaster plastic toys we had as kids that shines the light through each little frame of the disc? I want to view the film before I have it transfered but I don't want to use my old projector, it jams and scratches the films so I was hoping a viewer is easier on the films....like a ViewMaster.

A viewer/editor is typically a piece of equipment with two reels at each end and a viewing screen

in the middle, with a splicing block, quite like a microfilm viewer (minus the splicing block) at a

library, although I think

depending on your age you

may never have used one of those. Viewer/editors are a big help and I think that you should

certainly want to get one. Also, I would suggest, get a new projector fast!