Non reflex Bolex for single perf film?

Patrick Cooper

I am considering purchasing a non reflex Bolex H16 and I am wondering if the later models (just prior to the reflex models) have a single row of 'spikes' for single perf film? I am assuming that the older models accepted double perf film only.

I've got a single perf non-reflex right here ... so yes they exist, I'd even hazard a guess and say most if not all of them were single perf

Oops! Ive just figured something out. Previously, I was attracted to a non reflex Bolex because one could use the 'critical eye focuser' to compose and focus through the lens while setting up the shot. However, it's just occurred to me that there would still be parallax error using this method because the lens is in a different position on the turret when the film is being exposed, compared to when it's at the top. Damn! So with a non reflex Bolex, is there any way that you can compose accurately through the lens prior to filming - apart from using a lens with a built-in reflex viewfinder? I guess one option could be some sort of rack over device...

a rack-over system exist , but not easy to find.

a thru the lens system exist, to set in the film gate without presor and film , but not easy to find too.

and you need a very good tripod for using this two item.

but the side vieuwfinder have a good correction of parralaxe.

H.MATHIEU

with non reflex bolex you need the side viewfinder.

two knob : one for distance one for focal lens.

the camera have a tri lens turret.

up tele

center normal 25mm

down wide.

the critical focussing viewfinfer is up.

for tele , after focusing you must rotate the turret with the tele lens on the normal center position ,set the side viewfinder with the good distance (parallaxe) and focal, and use it for critcal composition, and after run

for the other ,it is the same,rotate to critical focussing the lens in use,et after come back to the taking place (camera window).

the upper viewfinder is only for critical focusing.

see a link with descrption of old bolex.

http://www.city-net.com/~fodder/bolex/history/