Trails of Dust

Hey Everyone,

My latest short is just nearly done. "Trails of Dust" was shot on Super 35mm using the Arri BL4. I was the DOP. I used Kodak 5205 and 5218. I am currently a film student at San Diego State. All that's left to be done is some audio levels and off to the festivals it goes. Please let me know what you think!

http://www.robinbuday.com/Trails%20of%20Dust.html

-Corey

Hey Everyone,

My latest short is just nearly done. "Trails of Dust" was shot on Super 35mm using the Arri BL4. I was the DOP. I used Kodak 5205 and 5218. I am currently a film student at San Diego State. All that's left to be done is some audio levels and off to the festivals it goes. Please let me know what you think!

http://www.robinbuday.com/Trails%20of%20Dust.html

-Corey

Very nice cory. Cinematography is the best part. Some of the acting I didnet care for, I found my self skipping ahead just to see some of the shots,though the subject matter did interest me,but some of the actors actions bothered me. Lighting was very nice, I liked the apartment scene with the venation blinds and the actors shawdows across the wall.

I liked the wide shot at the gas station when the car pulls up. is that shot completly lit from the availible light of the gas station?? on the closups I can tell you cheated some light on the actors, but that wide shot looked like it was lite by the gas staion lights.

Daniel-

Thanks for the well wishes! You are completely correct about the gas station. In the initial location scout I took some photos with my DSLR as well as some meter readings and realized there was plenty of available light. The photos also indicated that nice cool hue comming off of the lights, which I ended up liking and keeping. I think it helped with the cold feeling of the film and the events that were occuring. For the stuff in the car on the woman at the gas station we simply added a little pampa light for some fill. Not much was needed. Mise well be a minamillest(sp???) when one can!

-Corey

• 2 weeks later...

I loved a lot of the shots in there but I also found that it dragged and started to forward through the movie. I think some tighter editing could move the story long faster. I find I have this same problem where I want to hold too long on things being a shooter during the edits but my girlfriend diligently makes me cut things much shorter and in the end it flows better.

That gas station wide was a nice shot and the glow off the lights gave it nice atmosphere.