Lab Processing and Technique

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone could recommend some books or resources that discuss film processing and techniques? I want to learn more about silver retention, adding a slight fog to a neg, or bleach bypass and much more.

I've orded the book Image Control: Motion Picture And Video Filter Lab Techniques hoping that it will answer a lot of my questions; however, are there any other books that discuss the process and artistic reasons for choosing a certain method.

Does Kodak or Fuji distribute any reference guides?

-Gracias

• Site Sponsor
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone could recommend some books or resources that discuss film processing and techniques? I want to learn more about silver retention, adding a slight fog to a neg, or bleach bypass and much more.

I've orded the book Image Control: Motion Picture And Video Filter Lab Techniques hoping that it will answer a lot of my questions; however, are there any other books that discuss the process and artistic reasons for choosing a certain method.

Does Kodak or Fuji distribute any reference guides?

-Gracias

There is allot of reference information on Kodak's website under the motion picture imaging department. I think Dominic Case from Atlab, and a frequent poster here, has a book in circulation. There are/were many books published on a wide range of photochemical process and techniques. I am sure there is a wealth of this kind of information at the public library there were many very good books on photography published in the 60' and 70's.

-Rob-

• Premium Member
There is allot of reference information on Kodak's website under the motion picture imaging department. I think Dominic Case from Atlab, and a frequent poster here, has a book in circulation.

"Film Technology in Post Production" by Dominic Case.

Kodak publications:

http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/newsletters/index.jhtml