5279 is cheaper than 5205!

hi all....need ur guidance

i am shooting a feature film which involves a flash back sequence that gets cut frequently with the present day sequence. its mostly interior....Day and Night. i am not going for a DI due to the budget constraint.

i will be shooting on arri 435 or arri 3 with anamorphic lens.

i have decided to go for 5222 fr B/W flash back, present Day Ext on 5274, present day INT (Day & Night) on 5279. 80% of the film involves INTERIORs. ideally i will have used 250 D vision 2 5205 for Day Int.....but i am afraid that it might not cut well with the 5274 and 5222. and also it works out much COSTLIER stock than 5279.

for the PRESENT DAY sequence i PREFER to have a much SHARPER AND COLORFUL image.....but i cant use slower stocks for the fact that my aperture opening in the anamorphic lens is safest at 4-5.6

and to boost light to that level on slower stocks would be expensive.

kindly guide me if my assumptions and decisions based on that are right or not.....?

please suggest an ideal combination of stock ......?

what if i go for FUJI.....which stock should i combine?

thanks. cheers!

• Premium Member

If you're already carrying three stocks ('22, '74, and '79) I don't see the reason to deal with a fourth stock to get 250D -- just use an 85 filter on the '74 or '79 for your day interiors. If you're shooting in anamorphic, then '79 with a 85 filter won't be too grainy and besides, you can overexpose it to reduce the grain.