Cooke 20-100 Zoom

Alexis Hanawalt

I just bought a used Cooke 20-100 on eBay, formerly owned by Otto Nemenz - came in the case with rods, etc. Looks to be in great condition. This is my first owned lens. Does anyone have any recommendations for where I can take it for a "general checkup?" (Collimation, etc.) - in the LA area?

Also, there's a little rubber ring covering a slot near the back end of the lens - no idea what this is...

I just bought a used Cooke 20-100 on eBay, formerly owned by Otto Nemenz - came in the case with rods, etc. Looks to be in great condition. This is my first owned lens. Does anyone have any recommendations for where I can take it for a "general checkup?" (Collimation, etc.) - in the LA area?

Optiteck

Duclos Lenses

Focus Optics

Cooke in the US

Now remember to update your name as requested by David Mullen ASC!

It's a gelatin filter holder, if you only have the ring a small bit it missing.

I'm pretty sure it's the whole thing - it has a little bit of plastic that slips into the slot, with a slit in it that could hold a gelatin filter. (slits and slots... very technical.)

Seems like there's a risk that if the filter fell out, you'd have difficulty retrieving it - and seems like the risk of getting dust or moisture into the lens via the slot is good reason to leave the plastic ring alone... nevertheless, are there specially made filters that go into this slot - or is it just a cut your own kind of thing?

-AH

Edited by Alexis Hanawalt

• Premium Member
I'm pretty sure it's the whole thing - it has a little bit of plastic that slips into the slot, with a slit in it that could hold a gelatin filter. (slits and slots... very technical.)

Seems like there's a risk that if the filter fell out, you'd have difficulty retrieving it - and seems like the risk of getting dust or moisture into the lens via the slot is good reason to leave the plastic ring alone... nevertheless, are there specially made filters that go into this slot - or is it just a cut your own kind of thing?

-AH

Hi,

There is an 20-100 on EBAY now, the filter holder is shown. Cut the filter yourelf & tape it to the top & bottom of the holder, no way will it fall out.

Stephen