Comparing positive Kodak stock to shooting Negative and Saturating

Galen Carter-Jeffrey

I am shooting a film this weekend and I had a few questions about film stocks and transferring. We are shooting a scene that takes place at an outside birthday party and has lots of colorful decorations. I want the scene to be vibrant and colorful. My friend who is more knowledgeable with all the stocks demanded I use 100D reversal. After talking with my producer and professor we made the decision to shoot on Fuji 250D . We got 3 free rolls of this stock and a great discount.

My questions is, can we make this stock look close to what reversal looks like. I love how reversal stocks really make the colors just pop and I want to have something similar.

Answer yes you can no prob. use a polarising filter will loose about 1/1/2 half stop but you are starting with 250d so and if you have enough light left over expose about 2/3 stop . hope that makes sense.

Awesome! We got a polarizing filter and will probably use a polarizing filter and an ND9.

Thanks.

Hi Guys. I happened to run across this post and I wanted to let you know that the Tecate spot I directed was not shot on Fuji. That spot was shot on Kodak Vision2 250D for the Aaton A-Minima. I just finished another spot for Tecate shot on Fuji, but it was shot on Super 8mm. The Fuji Super 8mm spot should be posted by next week on my website www.smartassprod.com.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy

SmartAss Productions