New website

Hi,

You have some really great shots in all three of your reels. Just an opinion but maybe for the 'short attention span MTV generation producers' you should do an all encompassing short main 'DP Reel' that includes the best shots from all three reels?

Hi,

You have some really great shots in all three of your reels. Just an opinion but maybe for the 'short attention span MTV generation producers' you should do an all encompassing short main 'DP Reel' that includes the best shots from all three reels?

Thanks Morgan, really good point.

Hello everyone,

Please check out my new website.

I'm using Adbeast for the streaming and I'm very happy with the resolution and speed.

Constructive criticism is more than welcome.

Thanks

Francisco

I guess it woulp help if I give you the link....sorry

http://prettypictures.com/franciscobulgarelli/

Hey Francisco,

I just finished watching Broken in the narrative section of your reel and was really impressed. What struck me most about your images is that they were always telling me something abut the story and character, which is the most important thing we can do as cinematographers. I have yet to see the film and I got a strong sense of the story and the struggle of this boxer - the pain and loss he feels from losing his father, who, possibly, sacrificed everything for his family.

In regards to the images themselves, I found them to be very beautiful. The compositions were beautiful and the operating had a great sense of urgency that was appropriate to the subject matter and the character's struggle. I also loved the desaturated colors in how they evoked the way the protagonist saw his world. How was this accomplished? Did you do some sort of ENR or skip bleach or was it accomplished in a tape to tape color correction?

Again, I'm very impressed with your work, and I look forward to checking out the rest of it on your site.

Best,

Adam

Edited by Adam McDaid

Hey Francisco,

I just finished watching Broken in the narrative section of your reel and was really impressed. What struck me most about your images is that they were always telling me something abut the story and character, which is the most important thing we can do as cinematographers. I have yet to see the film and I got a strong sense of the story and the struggle of this boxer - the pain and loss he feels from losing his father, who, possibly, sacrificed everything for his family.

In regards to the images themselves, I found them to be very beautiful. The compositions were beautiful and the operating had a great sense of urgency that was appropriate to the subject matter and the character's struggle. I also loved the desaturated colors in how they evoked the way the protagonist saw his world. How was this accomplished? Did you do some sort of ENR or skip bleach or was it accomplished in a tape to tape color correction?

Again, I'm very impressed with your work, and I look forward to checking out the rest of it on your site.

Best,

Adam

Hello Adam,

Thanks for your kind words,

It's interesting that you were able to decipher the story of Broken just by looking at the few clips that I have there, it gives me a good feeling and I should give you credit for being a good observant of the film.

Broken has played at 20 festivals or so, including festivals in Cuba, Peru and Italy; it has had a good run and we are very proud of it.

The color correction was done during the film transfer, we knew we weren't going to go to a print and basically desaturated the colors to what we had envision from the beginning. Earth tones, contrasty and a bit grainy.

We also shot B&W for the opening shot, that's 5222.

Thanks again,

Francisco