super8 high speed pin registered camera -- any details?

kevin jackman

• Premium Member
does anybody have a service manual for this camera incase i decide to get it? how much did you guys pay for your cameras?

Their like panavision, they do their own servicing. If they didn't, they wouldn't still exist and they would be gone as a resource. The battery is very expensive, but I bought one because it made sense to do so.

Hi, Alessandro.

Can you possibly forward a copy of the Cine 8 SP1 manual to my address, i.e. nkovats@gmail.com?

Regards,

Nicholas K.

Toronto, Canada

You'll probably want a battery as well...

http://www.visinst.com/Batteries.html

Then email them and ask how much it would cost to make the cable.

I do have a 20 something page manual. If you would like a copy let me know.

Kevin.

I paid around $36 US for the camera and $69 US for the 117vdc/28vdc transformer. Add another $100 US for total shipping to The Great White North.

I will I post the manual to a neat Super 8 camera manual site when I get one...

Cheers!

Nicholas K.

does anybody have a service manual for this camera incase i decide to get it? how much did you guys pay for your cameras?

Kevin.

I paid around $36 US for the camera and $69 US for the 117vdc/28vdc transformer. Add another $100 US for total shipping to The Great White North.

I will I post the manual to a neat Super 8 camera manual site when I get one...

Cheers!

Nicholas K.

wow thats absolutly lucky when considering they are probably the most versatile super8 cameras you can get. where did you get it?do they have any more?im wondering where one might get a service manual.i didnt know that mekel was still servicing these things.

what i would like to know is where to do any servicing, that and figure out with a wiring diagram if these cameras can be connected to a tobin milliframe controler. it would be nice to dial in decimal point speeds, like 23.975, that and it would be great to see if the gate can be widened.

• Premium Member
what i would like to know is where to do any servicing, that and figure out with a wiring diagram if these cameras can be connected to a tobin milliframe controler. it would be nice to dial in decimal point speeds, like 23.975, that and it would be great to see if the gate can be widened.

The link I provided a few posts back is the same company that services the camera as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
is there any sample footage shot online so we can see how sharp the registration is?

I sent several slow motion takes of a spinning wooden cornucopia to Andreas for the second annual film co-op. I don't know if that project was ever completed however.