C-mount adapter for the Konvas 1m

Michael Melson

I was searching through the posts trying, almost in vain, to find a distributor that carries primes for the 1M, when I came across a post where a guest mentioned having a c-mount adapter for his 1M.

http://www.cinematography.com/forum2004/in...&hl=c-mount

"I have the 1M with new lenses mounted on it. I got an adapter to allow me to put any C-mount lenses on the camera, then I bought some new Arsat 35mm lenses and stuck them on the 1M."

So my questions are:

Has anyone else used a c-mount adapter for their Konvas?

Does anybody know where can I get one?

How well do c-mount lenses cover the 35mm format?

Edited by Michael Melson

I was searching through the posts trying, almost in vain, to find a distributor that carries primes for the 1M, when I came across a post where a guest mentioned having a c-mount adapter for his 1M.

http://www.cinematography.com/forum2004/in...&hl=c-mount

"I have the 1M with new lenses mounted on it. I got an adapter to allow me to put any C-mount lenses on the camera, then I bought some new Arsat 35mm lenses and stuck them on the 1M."

So my questions are:

"C" mount lenses are for 16mm cameras, their flange focal depth is .690".

So my questions are:

C-mount lenses not possible to use with Konvas-1M and any other 35 mm reflex cine camera ( the reflex 16 mm cine cameras with mirror disk not compatible too ) because, C-mount lenses have short flange focal distance and cover 16 mm film gate only.

That's why , lens mount adapter C-mount - Konvas-1M not possible too.

If you wish use of other type of lenses with Konvas-1M, i can recommed lens adapter for use of medium format photo lenses with Pentacon Six mount.

This can be Carl Zeiss Biometal 120 mm F2,8, Kaleynar-3 150 mm F2.8, Sonnar 180 mm F2,8, Jupiter-36 250 mm F3.5.

You can use Hartblei Super rotator Tilt-shift lenses and other.

About adapter can ask me.

This is adapter have screw for install of color correction or neutral density filter inside adapter.

C-mount lenses not possible to use with Konvas-1M and any other 35 mm reflex cine camera ( the reflex 16 mm cine cameras with mirror disk not compatible too ) because, C-mount lenses have short flange focal distance and cover 16 mm film gate on

That's kinda what I thought too but I wasn't sure. I just saw the post and my heart soared because I have plenty of C-mount lenses lying around, which would have prevented me from buying any other lenses. I thought it might work somehow. But I guess you can't wish something true.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I'm going to take a stab at this and guess that the original poster was confusing a c-mount adapter with an M42 (pentax screw type) to OCT18 adapter. I have one of these for my 1M, and Rafael at rafcamera.com sells them too. Pentax or similar mount lenses shouldn't cost more than a decent c-mount lens. Then again, the lenses made for the 1M are also remarkably inexpensive.

Bruce Taylor

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going to take a stab at this and guess that the original poster was confusing a c-mount adapter with an M42 (pentax screw type) to OCT18 adapter. I have one of these for my 1M, and Rafael at rafcamera.com sells them too. Pentax or similar mount lenses shouldn't cost more than a decent c-mount lens. Then again, the lenses made for the 1M are also remarkably inexpensive.

Bruce Taylor

Hi Bruce,

I remember asking Rafael about a m42 mount and apparently it's not possible (i have a konvas 1 what i believe is also oct-18). Are you sure that there are such adaptors? Many thanks.

• Premium Member
Hi Bruce,

I remember asking Rafael about a m42 mount and apparently it's not possible (i have a konvas 1 what i believe is also oct-18). Are you sure that there are such adaptors? Many thanks.

Hi Leao,

Hmmm. You are certainly correct about Rafael not having an m42- oct18 adapter. I was confusing it with his m42- oct19. Strangely, I do in fact have an m42- oct18 adapter I bought for my Konvas 1M from a Russian seller. I have attached it to my camera, but I have never mounted a lens on it- so it may be for macro work as the flange distance seems pretty long. One day I'll find out the answer.

Bruce