Zoom lense to be combined with Cooke S4

Mr. Macgregor

• Premium Member
Years ago, I operated on a 35mm commercial that used a similar speed Cooke zoom. It was a lot larger than either the 20mm to 100mm or their T4 25mm to 250mm.

Hi Brian,

I know the 14-70 has a huge front element, but otherwise lookes like an 20-100.

Stephen

Hi Brian,

I know the 14-70 has a huge front element, but otherwise lookes like an 20-100.

Stephen

Stephen I managed to find a picture of the 18mm to 90mm half way down. http://www.cineused.com/Film_and_Video_Gea...and_Wanted.html

Looks like its got a larger diameter overall rather than just at the front. Yes, I know the 14 -70.

I only saw the material we shot on TV, so I couldn't really comment on how well it stands up compared to a 20mm to 100mm.

• Premium Member
Stephen I managed to find a picture of the 18mm to 90mm half way down. http://www.cineused.com/Film_and_Video_Gea...and_Wanted.html

Looks like its got a larger diameter overall rather than just at the front. Yes, I know the 14 -70.

I only saw the material we shot on TV, so I couldn't really comment on how well it stands up compared to a 20mm to 100mm.

Hi Brian,

Thanks, never seen one of those. I know the 25-250 high speed Cooke was developed for the Superman flying rig.

Stephen

Given the weights you're working with, if you want a handheld look without the pain, I'd suggest putting the camera on a fluid head on top of a vibration isolator. You can actually use the isolator to introduce some random movement, in conjunction with the fluid head. If you want the camera to track, there's no reason why it can't all be placed on a dolly.

That's my two cents. Of course, I have no idea of your specific context. Good luck in any case! :)