Forced perspective tutorials

Does anyone know of any online tutorials on forced perspective? Also any books or videos dealing with this technique would be greatly appreciated. If you have in info you'd like to empart from your own expirence, that would also be appreciated. Thanks. B)

Edited by James Steven Beverly

Bums - I cant remember the name of the film I had watched but it was by the Brothers Quay - they had a segment all about forced perspective ...

Make a visit to your local Architecture School's library also (watch out for the funky non dewey decimal system) a lot of historical architecture drawings show the progression of the techniques as they were being invented ...

Interesting stuff!

Guest RaNDoMLeiGH
You might want to check out the special features for the first Lord Of The Rings Movie. They describe their process in alot of detail and provide a few examples of the technique being used accompanied by video.

There is also a segment on the Brendan Frasier "Bedazzled" DVD where they show and tell.

I remember there was a TV series called MOVIE MAGIC (GRB Entertainment/Vision Films) and volume 3 had a segment on forced perspective, explaining 'in-camera' split scale techniques and set construction.

This episode included visual reference from such films as DARBY O'GILL and THE LITTLE PEOPLE, HONEY, I BLEW UP THE KID and ATTACK Of The 50 FOOT WOMAN(1993 vers.)

It was released by Village Roadshow in Australia, but you may be able to access a copy in a good visual resources library.

Good Luck.

Edited by Matt Butler