nikon r10 meter problems

adam berk

• Premium Member

Anyone with an r8 or r10 ever had any issues with the lightmeter acting crazy? Sometimes, it just won't work....the needle just sits all the way at the bottom. If I get lucky, I can re-seat the cart a few times and it will work again for a few minutes. Sometimes it just works no problem.... very strange.

thanks,

adam

My beautiful Sankyo CME 1100 has exactly the same problem. I think the light meter and iris are broken. My cat knocked it off a table while rushing out the door to chase another cat out of the garden.

I'm currently looking for another camera. <_<

• Premium Member
Anyone with an r8 or r10 ever had any issues with the lightmeter acting crazy? Sometimes, it just won't work....the needle just sits all the way at the bottom. If I get lucky, I can re-seat the cart a few times and it will work again for a few minutes. Sometimes it just works no problem.... very strange.

thanks,

adam

I don't have an answer but this raises a question for the rest of us to learn from. Does the intermittent issue you are experiencing affect the automatic exposure AND manual exposure mode, or is it just the automatic exposure mode that is affected?

If I recall correctly, the Nikon R8 and R10 have no "official" on/off switch, perhaps it's simply shutting down due to inactivity?

• Premium Member
I don't have an answer but this raises a question for the rest of us to learn from. Does the intermittent issue you are experiencing affect the automatic exposure AND manual exposure mode, or is it just the automatic exposure mode that is affected?

If I recall correctly, the Nikon R8 and R10 have no "official" on/off switch, perhaps it's simply shutting down due to inactivity?

Manual exposure works perfectly, its the meter that's having problems. You activate the meter by half-pressing the trigger.

• Premium Member
Manual exposure works perfectly, its the meter that's having problems. You activate the meter by half-pressing the trigger.

I seem to recall that Spectra Film and Video has serviced Nikon R-10's and Nikon R-8's, maybe it would be worth calling them to see what a servicing would cost or if it's even possible.

• Premium Member
Hello Adam!

I had the very same problem with a Nikon R-10.

I rubbed the contacts inside the handle-grip with sandpaper , the contacts of the batterie-box too, and the problem was solved.

Kind regards

Henry

Thanks Henry... I'll try this. Where you having an issue with the whole camera not working when you pull the triger? Or just the meter?

thanks,

adam

Thanks Henry... I'll try this. Where you having an issue with the whole camera not working when you pull the triger? Or just the meter?

thanks,

adam

I don`t know if the whole camera was not working . I stayed in Italy and had a film in the camera. Pulling half the trigger, the lightmeter-needle didn`t move , so I cleaned the contacts with a nailfile and the camera was ok

Kind regards

Henry