Fuji 35mm motion picture film in still camera spools

Kerwin Go

• Premium Member
Hi, does anyone know where Fuji 35mm film stock can be purchased and processed in still camera spools? Seems like none of the labs I've looked up do this anymore.

Fuji will give you some test rolls in 35mm cassettes if you ask them.

The only place I know of that's processing still loads of motion picture stock is A&I Photo, here's a link. They've got a few different packages available, processing plus scans, prints or both. If you're in LA, A&I is just south of the Fuji motion picture office on Highland, I use them for my regular stills processing.

• 1 year later...
Guest Glen Alexander
The only place I know of that's processing still loads of motion picture stock is A&I Photo, here's a link. They've got a few different packages available, processing plus scans, prints or both. If you're in LA, A&I is just south of the Fuji motion picture office on Highland, I use them for my regular stills processing.

They don't process anymore... next??

Motion Picture Stock Film

We will discontinue processing Motion Picture Stock film at the end of May.

Last day to drop off this type of film will be May 31, 2008

I hope to begin to offer ECN-2 processing services at the beginning of August; no promises though, as I have yet to track down a source of reasonably-sized chemistry amounts and a source of ECP-2 print stock in lengths of under 100 feet necessary for me to fit the film into the equipment I have here.

I am going to be charging rates comparable to those charged by RGB Color Lab before it went out of business.

So ~$10 for prints and slides 36 exp. ro., +$5 for 4x6 prints, +$5 setup charge for push- or pull-processing. Figure a little less for shorter-length rolls.

I can have scans from negatives or slide-prints posted the day that the film arrives, so you'll get them at the same time you'd get "dailies" back from the actual movie shoot. This also makes the service viable for set photographers.

Further, figure $1.00/foot for Kodak or Fuji stock respools from fresh film.

As far as I know, Dale labs in Florida still does ECN-2 processing once a week, and daily processing of ECP-2 slide-prints from C-41 or ECN-2 negatives, although I've heard they do it digitally, with a film recorder now.

~KB