onsuper8.org podcast milestone

Giles Perkins

The onsuper8.org podcast has just had it's 10,000 download - that's 10,000 Super 8 films served up to appreciative audiences right across our fair planet. If you haven't seen the podcast yet, or want to submit films for it, scoot on over to;

http://homepage.mac.com/onsuper8/podcast.html

We've coding in Apple's h264 (which makes Super 8 look fantastic) and have recently started using larger sized presentations for the shorter shorts - all films are listed on iTunes (for free download) and are iPod and AppleTV compatible. For those allergic to computer platforms of any flavour, all the films can be viewed via our own Blip.tv channel on the internet or via their special Flash viewer (as seen on our podcast information page).

Kind regards and vive le super8!

I'm a fan of the podcast, keep 'em coming. but I have gotten a number of errors when I try to get them onto my iPod. I get a bitrate error on the" In my Image" segments. Everything plays fine on the computer but most will not transfer to my video iPod, any ideas why this would be the case?

Edited by Douglas Hunter

I've found the answer - its a quirk of the difference between iPod and AppleTV...

"Because it uses H.264 Main Profile, QuickTime Pro's "Movie to Apple TV" converter will result in a video that will not sync with the iPod"

- those from now on should be fully compatible with both. New films are on their way...