water tank lighting

this is a camera and lighting test.

a water tank has been built for an underwater scene. the walls are painted green, they wana key it for background. The plan is to shoot through glass... It's a day scene...

lights available arrisuns 4k, 6k, 12k and underwater 150 hmi's.

camera equipment:

p2 ntsc at 1080i 24p and/or 720p 24p

and

arricam LT loaded with fuji eterna 250d.

any ideas to set it up, perfect time to shoot(noon ornight), depth issues, lighting the key background, lighting diagram?

thanks guys... =)

• Premium Member

Get a qualified electrician to deal with the power. You don't want "ordinary" distro anywhere near the water if there will be crew or actors in the pool. A light falling into the water would be deadly.

Tanks get cloudy very quickly with dust and debris from fabrics, etc.

we have a key grip rigging the lights in scaffolds secured with rachets and sand bags and a set electrician experienced enough, all lights will be powered through a generator. I think mr key grip will keep us alive. the tank is designed to keep water flowing and draining.

we have a key grip rigging the lights in scaffolds secured with rachets and sand bags and a set electrician experienced enough, all lights will be powered through a generator. I think mr key grip will keep us alive. the tank is designed to keep water flowing and draining.

I think your Mr GFCI will keep you and your talent alive on your trunk runs to the set and smaller GFCI's on smaller units next to the water.

Don't shoot in a pool without doing everything you can electrically to protect everyone. Lights go bad, wires comes loose, HMI's are notorious for leaking voltage but so can tungsten.

A Key Grip, even a very experienced one isn't responsible for electrics.

It doesn't matter if the juice comes from a generator or not or whether the water is flowing or not, water still conducts electricity faster than the flow. Get a GFCI.

Tim

Edited by timHealy