Day for Night

• Premium Member

Reala 500D is a bit fast for doing day-for-night -- you'd need a ton of ND filters, plus most people do day-for-night using tungsten stocks so they can get a blue look. 500D is the only Reala stock in the Fuji line.

You'd be better off using Eterna 250T and even then, you'll need a lot of ND, a Pola, etc.

hello ,

thsmk you for the advice , i know about the Pola - nevr did it before but i ve checked the chapter A.C.M .

the shot will be very complicated ; the actress will be walking along a river .i ll put a Zeiss 10-100 on CM1 and taker her up form a bridge aside .

E

you'd need a ton of ND filters, plus most people do day-for-night using tungsten stocks so they can get a blue look.

You'd be better off using Eterna 250T and even then, you'll need a lot of ND, a Pola, etc.

day-for-night: other options would include underexposing by 2 stops (no filtration req) or exposing for the key and turning the key off when you shoot.

day-for-night: other options would include underexposing by 2 stops (no filtration req) or exposing for the key and turning the key off when you shoot.

underexposing 2 stops with ni filters .. hmm , it seems more easy than Pola and ND , but i may prefer the Pola&ND since it s for a video clip and i cant take any risk .

i ll use the fuji 250 .

David , you said pola , ND and etc .. what will be the etc ?

thanks anyway .

E

Edited by Ernest Cahl

Hello ,

finaly we shot it with the 500 T ( ayyyy ) , we arrived to the shooting and i was XXXXX confused ; i ve forgot to order the 250T .

so the DOP made this; pola + ND3+ND9 .

what do you think guys ? i wont see the images before tuesday . i am freaking , it was a video clip , i am producer and director on it , the singer left back .

E