OK, Space:1999 fans

Heyyyyyy, I wanna see that-

I did finally find the Brian Johnson interview buried in the first box set (disc #16, I think) The on-location interview with Martin Landau on the same disc was a scream- some character wearing skimpy gold spandex wandering around in the background with a giant - well, ape-thing, made it unintentionally hilarious.

-then tried to watch a couple of the season 2 episodes.... UGH!

And I used to be a card-carrying member of the fan club!

• Premium Member

The documentary covers a lot of the problems with Season Two. The American studio contact would complain to Gerry Anderson that there weren't enough monsters in the show, because monsters were all the rage with young viewers in America... so they started shooting monster episodes -- and then the American studio contact complained! "What's with all these monster episodes!" "But you told us that monsters were popular in America..." "Oh no, that fad has already passed."

Anderson bent over backwards to please the American investors, hired Freiberger at their request, but now feels he made a big mistake by being too nice about it. He just smiled and gritted his teeth when Freiberger said he had an idea about a planet of talking trees... called "The Rules of Luton". Anderson said "Luton? You mean like the town Luton?" "Yeah, I saw it on a sign..."