the passenger by antonioni

there is no region 1 or 2 dvd of this film, but there is a decent japanese (region 4?) dvd out there, out of print i think. it would definately have the european name of the film "profession : reporter". can anyone help me find a copy?

by the way for any of you who have missed seeing this film it is unbelievable.

jk :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

The passenger is on my top 10 list! It is one of the most intellectualy stimulating films I've ever seen. My VHS copy is seriously worn out. I read a very interesting book on the way the camera was used in that film-panning away from the action, randomly picking up Locke, the final 11 minute take, etc...truely a superb film by a master. B)

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone,

A DVDr copy of "The Passenger" is available at the website:

superhappyfun.com

Films out-of-print and otherwise unavailable in the U.S. are available from this mail order service for the average price of $13.00 per DVDr. They are a reliable service -- I've bought from them in the past with no problems.

Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...
The passenger is on my top 10 list!  It is one of the most intellectualy stimulating films I've ever seen.  My VHS copy is seriously worn out.  I read a very interesting book on the way the camera was used in that film-panning away from the action, randomly picking up Locke, the final 11 minute take, etc...truely a superb film by a master. B)

hi, do you by any chance remember what is the name of the book? thanks.

that is an excellent book. also be sure to check out chapman:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...ce&s=books&st=*

william arrowsmith's book on M.A. is now oop, but if you can find one (they're out there) it is essential reading for antonioni fans:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...ance&vi=reviews

jk :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...