Balloon Lights

Hi, I'm looking some information about balloon lights, basically how it works...?.

I find several places where they rent this lights, i find there are some types of lights like tungsten, HMI, mercury vapor and sodium vapor...I understand this is a very useful light but i can't imagine how it works or how they are not burned... <_< , thanks and waiting for your answers...

Xavier Plaza

Hi David thanks for your answer..., i didn't know the helium gas help to cool the light inside... i was thinking that could be inflammable i think i was in the wrong way...

Well, what i want to know was how the light source or all the elements are inside the balloon, how they are located in the balloon..., what i guess or imagined was it must have a several compartments to separate the gas in the balloon and the light source... that was my big question...

I found this (Illumination system for balloons) description of some patent, that's a balloon light or again i'm in the wrong way... <_<

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6602105-claims.html

Thanks

Xavier Plaza

• Premium Member

I've worked with Airstar's and Skylights balloons. Same thing really. The design is different depending on what style of balloon it is.

The longer balloons have a wiring harness that goes down the length of the "envelope" (the balloon), it suspends several globes roughly in the middle of the balloon, with the cable coming out of one side.

The tungsten ones are several 1k globes.

Kevin Zanit

Thanks guys for help me to understand this system, very useful info..., i search in booth website to have a better idea... kevin thanks, you explain me what it was my greater doubt, Airstar Lights have a better illustration (website) of what i want to know...

Thanks

used these on numerous occasions good over fill from above .

A really good use for these lights is in an Art Gallery with paintings that may be damaged by heat oils etc the helium cools the lamps making them usefull as they should not damage paintings due to heat.

i would not recommend these for you average picasso.

As I dont think you insurance would cover it.

• Premium Member
used these on numerous occasions good over fill from above .

A really good use for these lights is in an Art Gallery with paintings that may be damaged by heat oils etc the helium cools the lamps making them usefull as they should not damage paintings due to heat.

i would not recommend these for you average picasso.

As I dont think you insurance would cover it.

Hi, Gaffer. The forum rules are that your display anme must be your full first and last name. We like knowing who we're talking to so please change it. Thanks for the input!

• 1 year later...
Check these guys out, http://www.skylightballoon.com/. I use their balloons whenever I need that kind of light source. There is an e-mail address on their website where you can contact them and I am sure they would be able to answer any of your questions.

Also Check out www.atomic2.com these guys specialize in Balloon Lights for Feature Film Lighting. Check out their film resume and call them if you have any questions.