NPR timelapse possible?

Joshua Dannais

900 bucks that a great price do you have pics of it ?

I know it seems like a cheesey price, but took it to Mr. Zorzoli of Optical Electro House in Culver (very nice guy) and he said it was good.

Here are some pics:

http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l9/cmontboober/NPR/

But I'm still wondering about the timelapse possibility?

Yeah me to,

but that npr for 900 bucks is a steal,

that's a great price,

and it even comes with an Angie finder?

I want to start an Eclair Website again since that guy from the NPR website totally retire or something , it could be really nice to see an army of people showing their cams on the web and their new inventions for it.

Anyhow

I asked george at optical electro house a while back

about doing stop motion/timelapse

on an ACL and he said you needed to make/have a special motor for it...

sounded like he might have one that he rents out,

or maybe he could make one for you ?

Edited by ishan vernallis

I asked george at optical electro house a while back

about doing stop motion/timelapse

on an ACL and he said you needed to make/have a special motor for it...

sounded like he might have one that he rents out,

or maybe he could make one for you ?

Thanks, George is a really cool guy...I'll give him a call and ask.

thanks

• Premium Member

Typically time-lapse requires an intervalometer (special motor), and a capping shutter (to prevent light leaks during the "off" period between frames). An NPR has either been modified for this or it hasn't; not sure it'd be worth doing the mod vs. finding another camera that's already been set up for time-lapse.

Typically time-lapse requires an intervalometer (special motor), and a capping shutter (to prevent light leaks during the "off" period between frames). An NPR has either been modified for this or it hasn't; not sure it'd be worth doing the mod vs. finding another camera that's already been set up for time-lapse.

yeah might be more cost effective, I was just wondering since I just got the npr... timelapse would be nice to do, but I can do without it.

It should be possible to build a timelaps-motor for npr. It has a 1:1 drive shaft, all you need is a motor that makes one round per trigger plus an interval-switch(trigger). Just make sure the motor sits tight in the rubberthing to avoid shift between body and motor. Maybe the motor should go slower than 24rounds/sec to avoid heavy acceleration and stopping, use variable shutter-angle to control shutterspeed.

Just an idea...

An easy and cheap way for 16mm-timelaps is to have a camera with single-frame option(like bolex, K3, etc) and find(build) an interval-trigger.

It should be possible to build a timelaps-motor for npr. It has a 1:1 drive shaft, all you need is a motor that makes one round per trigger plus an interval-switch(trigger). Just make sure the motor sits tight in the rubberthing to avoid shift between body and motor. Maybe the motor should go slower than 24rounds/sec to avoid heavy acceleration and stopping, use variable shutter-angle to control shutterspeed.

Just an idea...

An easy and cheap way for 16mm-timelaps is to have a camera with single-frame option(like bolex, K3, etc) and find(build) an interval-trigger.

I think that may be a better idea... plus they are much lighter and hand holdable in comparison to the NPR, which I still like though