New Music Video

Jose Fonseca

Hey everyone,

Just finished a new video for a Midwest artist (Kalizion). Also was able to work with some really good talent, old friends, and family. We all worked hard on this project. So hope everyone enjoys watching the video. This is our first music video from start to finish. We have done others but never all within the company. I had lighting question before and many of you on the form gave me feed back thank you.

Here is the link to the video:

Artist: Kalizion "Ready" Video

Label: Upanotch Records

Featuring: Dj Asiatic, Denz, Claudia and Brickheadz

Directed/Edited By: Jose Fonseca

Director of Photography: Jeng Fonseca

And a whole crew of peeps that helped out. Thank you all

You have 2 option the first one is better quality and bigger.

1. Click on image below.

readyIcon.jpg

2. or goto youtube link:

BTW feel free to rip it apart I would love to read your feedback.

-------------------------------------------------

Jose Fonseca

email: josef@klipartstudio.com

-------------------------------------------------

'Jose

My impression of your video was initially a very nice sound and nice colour with some nice overlays. The overall effect was relaxing and moody. Made me feel like I was sitting in a club and the evenig was almost over and nearly time to go home happy and content. I liked the sound.

It did become a little repititious. I couldn't quite make out what was being said most of the time. I think this would be better if it had a few changes in tempo and mood. But I could easily imagine being in a club listening to this and watching the film. Well done on making something that had its own identity as well as being quite artistic. Its hard to get originality these days.

• 6 months later...
Guest Buddy Greenfield

I watched it several times and overall it?s pretty cool. I think it?s strongest point is a unique look.

Please keep in mind that it is easy for anyone to list all the things they would have done differently, but based on feel, my 2 cents is:

Some of the shots do well to covey the dark, cold, shadowy street feel that is Chicago, but to balance that it seems missing enough light or the music video lighting style (Whatever that may be) that focuses the audience?s attention on the talent and makes them larger than life, not just moving props in the scenery.

I would have liked to have seen the standard garbage can bon fire and the crowd gathered around the break dancing looking up at the camera overhead saying ?Yell if you?re ready!? once or twice, and maybe some more slow motion.

Musically, the over use (Or way too hot in the mix) of swishy splashy drum machine cymbals undermines the rest of an otherwise cool tune, but one that hangs in the balance between wanting in the hook department and being about a minute too long.

I think remixed and with a little additional brighter footage inserted, it could go from a regional act feel into a much more national act/hit video area, but as is, it?s still pretty cool and different, and to me that would make all the hard work that must have gone into it well worth it.

-Buddy-

Hey Buddy,

Thanks for your comment's. As you pointed out I can always dwell on what I could have done. The best thing is I learned from it and I moved on to new projects with different challenges. What I love about this forums is it helps me strive to make my next project better.

I just wanted to thank you for your 2 cents. Are you from Chicago?

Here are some other projects we(wife, friends and I) worked on:

This is a Thanksgiving video wife and I made: (The Challenge in this one was working with a 6 year old and all the effects that was added to the video.)

Here are other projects we worked on:

This is a full length film called Farewell Darkness.

http://www.farewelldarkness.com/

Here is another film as well:

http://www.artofpainmovie.com/

----------------------

Jose Fonseca

josef@klipartstudio.com

http://www.klipartstudio.com

I watched it several times and overall it?s pretty cool. I think it?s strongest point is a unique look.

Please keep in mind that it is easy for anyone to list all the things they would have done differently, but based on feel, my 2 cents is:

Some of the shots do well to covey the dark, cold, shadowy street feel that is Chicago, but to balance that it seems missing enough light or the music video lighting style (Whatever that may be) that focuses the audience?s attention on the talent and makes them larger than life, not just moving props in the scenery.

I would have liked to have seen the standard garbage can bon fire and the crowd gathered around the break dancing looking up at the camera overhead saying ?Yell if you?re ready!? once or twice, and maybe some more slow motion.

Musically, the over use (Or way too hot in the mix) of swishy splashy drum machine cymbals undermines the rest of an otherwise cool tune, but one that hangs in the balance between wanting in the hook department and being about a minute too long.

I think remixed and with a little additional brighter footage inserted, it could go from a regional act feel into a much more national act/hit video area, but as is, it?s still pretty cool and different, and to me that would make all the hard work that must have gone into it well worth it.

-Buddy-

Guest Buddy Greenfield

Jose,

You know how it is, you can ask 10 people how they would have done it, and you'll get 10 different answers, then the 11th will make you wish you did it that way too.

As far as what you delivered, I think the group, the lable and you should all be very pleased with it,

I would be, it's different, and without a 100k to spend on an over the top ultra flashy video, different is probablly the best bet towards people remembering the video and the song and the group.

The Thanksgiving piece is cute, good idea too. (The very end caught me off guard and made me laugh! :) )

I'll have to check out the other links more indepth, but from what I saw they look interesting.

Yeah I'm from Chicago.

-Buddy-

It's a good solid video.

I liked the shot gathered around the glowing turntables best. That had an awesome look in terms of the lighting.

One idea: instead of having the graffiti flashing on the screen, you could have kept it so graffiti only moves and appears on the various walls behind the rapper and his people.

Hey Tom,

Yeah I actually thought about doing that and did some test with it. Due to time and budget of delivery that wasn't possible. Plus it would have involved more of the artist(graffiti) time which at that point I really was close to missing the deadline. Some of the other ideas we were going to do is track the dj hands to add an outline from the previous scene. If I find some of these test I will post them here.

Thanks again for your time,

----------------------

Jose Fonseca

josef@klipartstudio.com

It's a good solid video.

I liked the shot gathered around the glowing turntables best. That had an awesome look in terms of the lighting.

One idea: instead of having the graffiti flashing on the screen, you could have kept it so graffiti only moves and appears on the various walls behind the rapper and his people.

Edgar,

You are right most shots were on sticks. We made a home made dolly which worked well in some of the interior scenes. We could have done more but can't dwell on the past just have to be conscious of the future projects.

Thanks for your time,

----------------------

Jose Fonseca

josef@klipartstudio.com

I would say, the camera could be moved more. A bit static. Like a solid picture frame, and people jumping in it... If I expressed myself correctly. A lot of tripod shots, and no moves, that's what I basically mean.