All right, forget that I spoke.

Werner Klipsch

I will not be posting anything further on this forum.

Most of the answers I seem to attract are from pea-brains and dreamers, so desperate that the Great Red Pumpkin will come and fly them away to moviemaking neverland, that if they are ever forced to dive into the cold river of reality, the hypothermic shock will kill them instantly,

or out right nutjobs in complete conviction that quotes of never-ending streams of gibberish from a technical-word Thesaurus is really going to convince anybody that they are some sort of expert., rather than sounding like a bad Star Treck script.

I am reminded of the old cartoons where the cartoon animal would jump in an elevator and we would see the floor indication needle rapidly climb up to the top floor. Then another cartoon animal would simply jerk the needle back to the ground indication, and the elevator would come crashing back down :lol:

Thinking you can make the fantasy come true by hounding dissidents off discussion forums, is really the same thing you know.

Now: "Your mother was an hamster, and your father smelled of elderberry!!"

Quick! Quick! The thread is getting nasty! Please close it at once!

I will not be posting anything further on this forum.

when you quit, there will be only 3 vocal & biased people remaining, down from over three dozens.

max "ballhaus bores me to death" jacoby, Keith and this other guy, i dont remember his name.

opinion not fact lead people, as the moderator "steven williams" of this forum will be next.

or they will be won over by red key personel.

i certainly won´t miss your expertise.

Bye bye Werner! You and that other guy Carl! What a complete waist and a joke.

You know- I am a reservation holder of a red camera. I usually come in here to enjoy my lunch while reading the unbelievable worthless crap on this Red forum. Isn't that funny? I come in here just to be entertained? Doesn't that say something about cinematography.com? You were to think that this was a place you could come and learn. Pick up good info from others.

I am a corporate pilot as a profession, and I run into guys on the road who want to become pilots. Some of them are looking for good information and help so they can find their way to a good career. I welcome that. Are they simular to us "Red" heads that I have heard so many insults over? Yes. But that is because they are excited about the possiblities of flying airplanes for a career. -- Just like us reservations holders who are excited about having a camera that could really change the quality of our productions.

My schedule allows me to do production work on the side. We have been shooting on basic prosumer equipment for a long time in South Florida. We have won several Addy Awards and two Tellys, however, there has always been something about the picture quality that just never seemed to get to what I would consider "National" quality. I think Red will change this for me. I think it will knock our productions up to another level.

Does this make me a "Red Head"? Should you guys go around and continue to insult me too? I have been reading this forum for months now, but never replied. Now after reading Werner's big announcement about leaving the Red forum here, I just wanted to take a moment out and say that his rediculous and insulting comments will be soarly missed. Instead of making stupid comments and jokes about the camera, why would he not want to help the red team with his knowledge. Jim has always been open. They welcome it. This is our moment to offer ideas to a team that is willing to listen and may perhaps make use of your idea.

I have heard many slam some of the guys posting on reduser.net. Why read their replies? For the "smart" ones here, I am sure you will have no problem finding replies on reduser.net that are a good informative source of information. You will know which guys have the knowledge about Red on that forum rather quickly. Just filter out the comments from guys who don't know what they are talking about. Trust me, I have become an expert at doing this on this forum here.

My advice to who ever wants to take Werner's seat here next - give the Red team their chance to finish testing and get the camera out. In other words- give them a break. They have done just about everything that everyone has asked, and they have done it with a fair amount of posters here laughing in their face.

First it was - "...the camera does not exist, it is a hoax." Proven wrong

Second it was - "...they will never make it to NAB with footage that is good." Proven wrong - I was there, and the PJ film looked amazing.

And now third - "ha ha... it is overheating on a movie set." Read Werner's simular posts. My god- its being tested still. F900s have been known to overheat. Avanti down here in South Florida has one, and it over heats once or twice a week from the Florida heat. THIS IS A PRODUCTION CAMERA!!!! Can we spend some time here talking about why the F900 overheats? I don't hear many laughing about that. I don't know about the past history with Jim and this website, but he has been honest with me from the begining. He is being honest with everyone by telling everyone how things are going even if it is bad news.

Lets use this forum for what it was designed to do... Talk about the camera, and stop slamming Jim, reduser.net, and reservation holders. Honestly- it puts cinematography.com in such a bad light, that it simply is a place to come here and be entertained with complete B S.

Now- 20 bucks says, they will close this forum. Any takers?

• Premium Member
Lets use this forum for what it was designed to do... Talk about the camera, and stop slamming Jim, reduser.net, and reservation holders. Honestly- it puts cinematography.com in such a bad light, that it simply is a place to come here and be entertained with complete B S.

Hi,

Some forums would delete you post, we prefer free speech here.

Stephen

• Premium Member
when you quit, there will be only 3 vocal & biased people remaining, down from over three dozens.

max "ballhaus bores me to death" jacoby, Keith and this other guy, i dont remember his name.

Actually that is Max "Jan van Krogh bores me to death" Jacoby.

"when you quit, there will be only 3 vocal & biased people remaining, down from over three dozens. max "ballhaus bores me to death" jacoby, Keith and this other guy, i dont remember his name."

Ok well if there's a shortage I can always resume my traditional role :D

R,

Now isn't it funny a guy comes on to post one time... and hopes to get the thread shut down...

That's his whole purpose....

Again... as time goes by... I'm not really any more PRO RED VS. NOT PRO RED... what I'm tired of... but it won't end... and that is the goal of some people is to stir up trouble and shut down the thread... really on either side of the fence?

I find it funny if the board is quiet for a while... some one will come on to pick a fight... why... because really I think that we enjoy the soap opera effect of it... or I think that they believe that they?re going to post somewhere else and get a pat on the back?

Plus I think it?s marketing from a standpoint of a company... people are still talking about a camera that hasn't even been released so that anyone can use it?

You create a buzz good or bad? so that everyone is talking about your product? so I?m sure there are people posting on boards for the purpose of selling a product? didn?t just this last week a CEO get into trouble for posting on the web that a certain company wasn?t any good? and its funny two years later his company buys that company?

I also find it funny that this camera is for the little guy? everyone says that they can now complete with the big boys and girls... but who do they go too... big "A" List directors... now if I was making the camera... I'd probably do the same thing...

For once I wish someone would really start something new and who knows have a contest and the winner could show what a little guy could do...

Now the below will again be consider that I?m against the Red and them?

It?s like someone posting... "I'm not a pro... but I'm going to spend $50k on a camera"... or I heard of another one... "Wow I worked over time for the last two months... now I have enough money to reserve a camera"...

If you're not a pro why spend that kind of money... you think I'm going to hire you as my DP... and I've seen some good work out of kids who some how grew up with the access to video equipment and other things that I didn't and they're turning out some good stuff...

But I've seen a lot of you tube stuff too... which means don't quit your day job...

And I'm sorry if you have to work over time for two months to save a $1,000 how does you except to pay for a full camera package...

I even have talks with a friend who is pro Red? but not a zealot? but he really hasn?t explained this? one advantage of going to a good rental house is? that the equipment is up to date? they keep up their equipment and if a piece breaks they?ll have a replacement ASAP? now if I rent my friends Red package? that?s if he could afford one? which he agrees he can?t?

How is he going to handle my rental if his camera breaks down? is he going to rent another camera from a friend of his? and now who?s going to pay for that? not me? is he going to loose money so that I can keep shooting? these are things that pro dp?s and rental houses have to undertake if they purchase and rent out their own equipment?

I think that is half the problem with people who are just thinking or have been lead to believe that a camera is going turn them into ?A? list movie makers?

Myself I?m not a DP? I?m a producer and now I?m going to be directing? I can shoot? but give a great DP a cell phone and he?ll turn out better looking footage than me shooting with the Red? its called lighting and really learning a craft or art form?

Why I would like to see the Red work? or something like it? it?ll just give my movies that little more edge to them? yes? I?m not as much a straight film guy as I used to be? but I can see with the last picture I line produced that shooting HD has some advantages if you know how to do it right? that savings on film stock, lab and transfer, negative cutting, etc.,I could put towards more known talent and get a greater return on my product and move up the ladder slowly and who knows maybe one day? I?ll be ?A? list also?

But again its not bad just turning out smaller features and really having a greater control over them? that is one advantage I see if the Red lasts and has a great support plan behind it? because if the camera can truly grow? the advantage are I could save money on rentals or purchases? which again gives me a greater profit margin?

Sorry for this long novel? I guess I could or should have posted at the top? WARNING... WARNING a long-winded rant? and I won?t have any hurt feelings if you pass this over?

Edited by Gary McClurg

Hope fully this won't be on the next page... I tried to edit and can't because I think you only get two edits...

I try to add this at the top of my above posting... I posted it at the bottom... but down their it kinda defeats its purpose...

So maybe read this one first...

Sorry for the long novel? I guess I could post WARNING... WARNING post # 10 ia a long-winded rant? and the peson who wrote it won?t have any hurt feelings if you pass it over?

Hi Richard,

I thought you became a believer when you took over that reservation :rolleyes: n

Stephen

Yeah, exactly.

R,

• Premium Member

opinion not fact lead people, as the moderator "steven williams" of this forum will be next.

or they will be won over by red key personel.

i certainly won´t miss your expertise.

I'm really quite honoured, though my ego's taken a bruising that I didn't get my own little inverted comma tag like max. how about keith "consistantly amazed at Jan's idiocy" mottram or better still keith "still wondering if Jan.... oh i give up i am too depressed to finish this post due to Jan's consistant trouser talking nonsense. oh darn it now i feel i might have stooped to his level" mottram.

• Premium Member
I'm really quite honoured, though my ego's taken a bruising that I didn't get my own little inverted comma tag like max. how about keith "consistantly amazed at Jan's idiocy" mottram or better still keith "still wondering if Jan.... oh i give up i am too depressed to finish this post due to Jan's consistant trouser talking nonsense. oh darn it now i feel i might have stooped to his level" mottram.

Hi Keith,

Pleased to see there are still people here with a sense of humor.

Stephen

GEnts, for the love of god stop arguing like little girls!

As a REAL filmmaker, my roll is to listen, so I agree with both Werner and Jon, I even think they are both in the same page but with different deliveries, what makes them ... what? enemies?

Naaaa, that's stupid, just a miss understanding.

For Werner, if you want to remain skeptical then do, is your choice, just remember that this guys are trying something new, for me Red is bringing the exiting days of new bold developing back, like it use to be in the golden years of film making, where people risked more and didn't played safe like most of the industry today.

and for Jon: well my friend I understand your frustration, you have a reservation and you come here to see how people ( that don't have one ) are bashing the camera, well my advice is don't lose your cool, don't let the skeptical film brothers get to you, is just their opinion, yes you are right people in here do feel a little more superior, for Christ sake we shoot on film, we had work in the industry and our projects have dealt with serious money, yeah impressive right, well yes and no, there is a lot of bozos in here to, posers you might call them, but I bet there is people like that in all film forums, Red User, DVX User, etc for crying out load this industry is supported by the posers money, they are the followers, the morons taht will pay money to see VAn helsing and Who is your caddy?... do you see where I'm going?

Why a person that sounds as a smart as you, would listen to people you consider followers, is a waste of time, respond to those that have an expert, intelligent, criticism.

But in my humble opinion I have to say this to everyone, both digital and film lovers ( I'm both)

WAKE UP! THIS IS A BRAND NEW INVENTION, IT WILL EXTEND YOUR PALETTE , WHY RESISTING IT?

this is the most exiting time for us filmmakers, we get to choose any kind of format ( regardless the budget) and make it look great.

I found it really conservative, not to put some chips on Red, as well as other cameras, sound technologies and so forth, and be open to their development.

Best

ps: this is from a guy that just bought an Éclair NPR from 1974 and converted it to super 16. and has 3 features coming up in both digital and film formats.

Edited by Martín Yernazian

• Premium Member
on the brighter side, steven, when do you think you will be renting out red cameras for the first time?

or will you buy one?

Hi Jan,

I will wait until I have had a chance to fully evaluate the camera, before answering that one! If a client wants to shoot with a Red that's fine by me. I don't have any horses in the digital race & use rental film equipment for commercial projects with budgets.

Stephen